Paramo Clothing

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mypyrex 11 Mar 2017
Just splashed out for a pair of Cascada trousers in a move towards lightening my gear a bit.

I was impressed by their lightness and versatility and look forward to hill testing them.

I'm now thinking about a Paramo jacket which seems to be about half the weight of my North Face jacket

Murderous_Crow 11 Mar 2017
In reply to mypyrex:
I'm a huge fan of Paramo stuff. I bought a 3rd Element jacket years ago (mad design of gilet combined with detachable arms / yoke / hood) and some Cascada trousers. Bulletproof, only stopped using the former because it was lost, and the latter because they got too big when I lost some weight.

I recently bought an Enduro jacket for mountain stuff, and a Velez Adventure Light smock for MTB. I've used both in some fairly heavy conditions and have been very happy with them. But a bit disturbed at a thread which popped up recently on here where durability was raised as an issue with recently manufactured stuff, concerns about cheaper and less robust materials. Paramo responded within the thread:

https://www.ukhillwalking.com/forums/t.php?t=659491

You'll surely get a mixed bag of opinions in reply. For me, as someone who 'runs hot', I've found that worn with one or two baselayers (with some synthetic insulation for going over the top when you stop) it does me very well in nearly all UK conditions. I really like their kit.

Luke
Post edited at 19:18
 Tim Davies 11 Mar 2017
In reply to mypyrex:

Check the fit on the enduro jacket. Too short on the body for me but arms ok. Also I overheat in the enduro and haven't found it even remotely water resistant. Have gone back to montane plus goretex.....

Trangia 11 Mar 2017
In reply to Murderous_Crow:

Having had 50 years experience of owning and wearing a variety of "waterproof" jackets , I too am a huge fan of Paramo. The only other garments that came anywhere as robust and waterproof were the old ventile smocks of the 1960s which were excellent but much heavier.

I agree with you about Paramo running "hot" and most of he time in British weather I find one base layer is adequate, unless it's really cold. My jacket is generally too warm for summer use, but I can't afford a second more lightweight jacket!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...