Malham catwalk dry?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 TCP 11 Mar 2017
Has anyone been up to Malham in the last week - is the catwalk area seeping badly?
 Bulls Crack 11 Mar 2017
In reply to TCP:

There used to be a Facebook site Malham/Kilnsey conditions but it appears to have disappeared
 UKB Shark 11 Mar 2017
In reply to Bulls Crack:
> There used to be a Facebook site Malham/Kilnsey conditions but it appears to have disappeared

We made it secret
Post edited at 14:01
 Andy Farnell 11 Mar 2017
In reply to TCP:
Apparently stuff is dry from the UKB Shark rightwards.

Andy F
Post edited at 14:01
 Bulls Crack 11 Mar 2017
In reply to ukb shark:

> We made it secret

uh huh how useful
 deacondeacon 11 Mar 2017
In reply to ukb shark:

Why was it made secret?
 Andy Farnell 11 Mar 2017
In reply to deacondeacon:

The first rule of Malham conditions club is...

Andy F
 UKB Shark 11 Mar 2017
In reply to deacondeacon:
Made this secret last July (and the sister Peak page too) due to the amount of spam I kept having to deal with on a daily basis after consulting the members of the Group.

If anyone wants to join then they can be put forward for approval by a friend who is in either group or friend me and send me a message and I'll add you.

The full names are:

Peak sport climbing rebolting/lifts/partners/conditions/beta
www.facebook.com/groups/179268922138240/

Malham & Kilnsey lifts/partners/conditions/beta
www.facebook.com/groups/179268922138240/

(Simon Lee)
Post edited at 17:58
 UKB Shark 11 Mar 2017
In reply to Bulls Crack:

> uh huh how useful

It is
 UKB Shark 11 Mar 2017
In reply to TCP:

> Has anyone been up to Malham in the last week - is the catwalk area seeping badly?

Word is that it is seeping. There are photos from today on FB. Join the Group for more info
 stp 12 Mar 2017
In reply to ukb shark:

'You must log in to continue.'

I can understand the need to restrict spammers but making the page accessible to everyone to view (but not post) would still stop spam.
 UKB Shark 12 Mar 2017
In reply to stp:

> 'You must log in to continue.'I can understand the need to restrict spammers but making the page accessible to everyone to view (but not post) would still stop spam.

Not true. We had it as private already and I still had to vet applicants on a daily basis to see if they were bona fide climbers and some slipped through the net. It was a chore and now is not an issue.
 Mikeb 12 Mar 2017
In reply to TCP:

So is it dry then?
 Andy Hardy 13 Mar 2017
In reply to Micky J:

One dislike from me for the classy comment.
 stp 13 Mar 2017
In reply to ukb shark:

Can it not be set to public viewing but private posting ? ie. Only those on the list can post comments.
 UKB Shark 13 Mar 2017
In reply to stp:

That's how it worked when it was private and so open to being viewed and led to daily bogus requests to be a member so that it can then be spammed.

To be frank the Group isn't a public service for those who don't want to be members and therefore aren't interested in contributing. I don't see why the admins should bust a gut vetting members on a daily basis to make it convenient for those only interested in sponging info.

In reply to ukb shark:

Sent you a friend request to then send a message to be added and you declined me!

I was looking for these groups or something similar these last few weeks.
 UKB Shark 14 Mar 2017
In reply to sam.sam.sam.ferguson:

News to me - certainly not knowingly! I have sent a friend request to 'A' Sam Ferguson - hopefully you
In reply to ukb shark:

It's come through.

Be great to be added to those groups. Will be in the area over the next few months quite a bit.
 UKB Shark 14 Mar 2017
In reply to sam.sam.sam.ferguson:

Done

In reply to ukb shark:

Thanks! Appreciated.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...