could you please answer this survey for my assignment

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
ClimbingAlex99 11 Feb 2017
Hi i'm doing an assignment about how size and shape can affect your climbing performance i would greatly appreciate if as many people could answer it, it is only 6 questions long. thanks.

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/VPVF77S

Any feedback would also be a great help!
In reply to ClimbingAlex99:

Have you run this past the site mods?

Just to prevent any grumbling. If you have, say so; if you haven't, do so.

T.
 full stottie 11 Feb 2017

I would take cover quickly if I were you
 Brass Nipples 11 Feb 2017

I find I climb best with a big belly and thin spindly arms and legs.
 alx 11 Feb 2017
In reply to ClimbingAlex99
Hi Alex,

I would redesign your questionaire to be more meaningful in what you capture.

Also are you at uni? If so this does not look it has been past the research ethics committee for approval....

Good luck!
 JJL 11 Feb 2017

Done - good luck
 Trangia 11 Feb 2017

Done!

What are you studying? How does your assignment fit into this?

Good luck!
 summo 11 Feb 2017

You are doing a research piece and are working in feet and stones. It is 2017, not 1967.
In reply to summo:
> You are doing a research piece and are working in feet and stones. It is 2017, not 1967.

Haven't you heard, we had a referendum and everything is moving backwards 50 years.
Post edited at 18:22
 wbo 11 Feb 2017
i assume you're going to crossplot BMI and grade. I've filled it in, but it ain't great, and i rarely complain.
G
Post edited at 19:01
In reply to wbo:

And if there is a BMI/grade link, asking what weight I am now won't be much help; I was a stone and a half lighter when I was leading my top grades.

T.
 wbo 11 Feb 2017
In reply to Pursued by a bear: my problem too, but i filled it in , as is

jcw 11 Feb 2017
In reply to summo:
Nonsense! I rather enjoyed that. Don't you realize we've gone back to being British? I rowed at 13.6st got down to 12.1 for climbing when I was really fit and am 5.11". I was half an inch taller but measured myself not long ago on the presumption I'd grown half an inch, but oh dear, I'd shrunk. And I've given up weighing myself. What's the point, my scales are in kg! The long and the short and the tall...
Post edited at 22:23
 MischaHY 11 Feb 2017
In reply to alx:

Possibly worth actually reading the questionnaire where the kid clearly states that he's in college.
 Jon Read 11 Feb 2017
In reply to MischaHY:

Yeah, what is that? 6th form? Outdoor Ed? Imperial College? Corpus Christi?
Without specifics we have to guess. And that means we aren't sufficiently informed enough when we decide to participate in a research study.
Removed User 12 Feb 2017

Bugs me that so many people ask the OP questions in these survey threads. They never respond.. the dude will have spammed it on a bunch of popular sites and he'll gather responses from the people who fill it in. Why would they bother answering questions?
 summo 12 Feb 2017
In reply to jcw:

> Nonsense! I rather enjoyed that. Don't you realize we've gone back to being British?

In that case, realise or realize? I presume you still shop with guineas, shillings and florens.You can still be British or in the uk and metric, even after Brexit. Even Victorian dad Gove isn't that extreme.

summo 12 Feb 2017
In reply to

> Why would they bother answering questions?

I didn't as soon as it got imperial. Too amateurish.
>>> 4. What is the hardest on-sight grade you have climbed? (specifies whether its outside or inside)
Only it doesn't specify! Do you want us to specify?

Height in (ft), Weight in (St) - do you want us to round up, or down, or add (ins) / (lbs) in an unspecified format.

Poorly crafted effort. Suspiciously poorly crafted.

(I'm not even going to start on the 'only 2 genders' ethics thing)
Post edited at 07:10
 mike123 12 Feb 2017
In reply to Ron Rees Davies:
I was about to have a dig at you (and others ) for not cutting the kid some slack (pun intended) and just assuming that the level of the survey is appropriate for the qualification , then I re read " suspciously " .If the op is in fact a group of 20 year old students with too much time and a lump of cheap black to see off , then well done , amusing ish, 7/10 , results please ?
(However I suspect that cheap black is harder to get hold of than the super strong stuff young people seem to be fond of , but if they had that I suspect that internet pranks would be off the menu, bottle of thunderbird maybe? )

abseil 12 Feb 2017

Done, good luck with your assignment.
 jcw 12 Feb 2017
In reply to summo:

Obviously you don't appreciate tongue in cheek without a smiley being drawn. Realize and realise are acceptable depending on who the British publishers are, while florins are spelt thus. No, what is interesting about the OP is why did a youngster use such measures?
 jcw 12 Feb 2017
In reply to jcw:

To answer my own question I think it is a spoof
 summo 12 Feb 2017
In reply to jcw:

I think you are correct, we were caught. Apologies, my only knowledge and use of florins is they fitted arcade machine as ten pence, similar value too.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...