Patagonia Nano Air as a belay jacket?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Has anyone used one of these as a belay jacket for winter stuff? I'd be grateful for your thoughts on how it performed. I have a Das for brutal conditions, and am in the market for something lighter, but not as brief as the likes of Montane Prism etc. Thanks.
 BnB 04 Feb 2017
In reply to nickinscottishmountains:

Definitely not. A great piece but not for that job. Rab Xenon is best warmth for weight in the lightweight category.
S3.K1 04 Feb 2017
Dude,
I have been using an MH Thermostatic and an Xenon Jacket a couple of months, both have 60g/m2 fill. At 3°C with a slight breeze and shade my margins where spend when belaying for 20min. I had a thin merino and MH Monkey Man underneath.
 Brian Pollock 04 Feb 2017
In reply to S3.K1:

Definitely not a belay jacket in winter as it lets a fair bit of wind through - which is the point. Excellent midlayer though.
 Pipecleaner 05 Feb 2017

Sadly, won't keep you warm as a belay jacket...it's let's way too much air circulate.

Happily, a nano air will keep you comfortable whilst walking in or climbing when you're exerting yourself and it's colder.

Best jacket/mid layer I've ever bought...it does all the makers claim which is pretty much a first in my experience ...so good I bought a second.

Not bad looking either, brilliant hood under or over helmet and fits without a helmet too. Sleeves pull up well for dumping a bit of heat or to keep them out of the way. Repels rain and snow well and stays really comfy when pretty soaked.

Incidentally I have an arcteryx nuclei which is pretty good as a really lightweight belay jacket...and it was on sale at under £80 quid so even better!

Morgan Woods 05 Feb 2017

Go for the nano puff.
 Morgan Woods 05 Feb 2017

hoody

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...