Lyon Equipment Customer Service. Yes!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 uphillnow 21 Jul 2016
Credit where credit is due. Closed the tailgate on my car and damaged part of the chin strap on my Petzl helmet. Whilst I have had it for a while I thought it worth trying Lyon in case I could get a replacement. I was asked for the serial number as they have changed over time and then came a positive reply including pictures of how to remove the end stop and fit the new one - couldn't ask for more. Over the years I have resorted to calling Lyon for technical advice and always found them happy to oblige. Many thanks to Mike Robinson.
 OllieF 21 Jul 2016
In reply to uphillnow:

Couldn't agree more, Lyons customer service is excellent!
 The Lemming 21 Jul 2016
In reply to uphillnow:

Lyon's customer service was excellent 19 years ago when I had a problem with a pair of boots and they were the importer.

Can't fault them.
 jsmcfarland 21 Jul 2016
In reply to uphillnow:

Wasn't there some uproar when Lyon were being unhelpful about a bad batch of shoes that they distribute? la sportiva or whoever? Anyway, always good to know of companies that are doing good things : )
 3leggeddog 22 Jul 2016
In reply to uphillnow:

Not sure all those owners of nomics with creaking/loose heads would agree with you.
 neuromancer 22 Jul 2016
In reply to uphillnow:

I got a pair of julbo glasses where the lenses rattled around like a tin box, sent them back to Lyon only to get a rude shitty letter back accusing me of being a liar and making it up.

I'd avoid them. Petzl buyers would agree.
 starbug 22 Jul 2016
In reply to neuromancer:

I have sent back to or requested from Lyon a number of things over the years. Julbo glasses being one of those. I have to say in my case they were excellent providing free of charge replacement.

Each case is different I would imagine but generally I have found Lyon very good at customer service.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...