OI NEWS: Is the PFC debate starting to be taken seriously?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC/UKH Gear 21 Sep 2015
Water beading off a hood, 2 kbTwo big PFC-orientated stories have hit the press over the last four weeks.  With the topic once again in the spotlight, one brand that welcomes the debate is Nikwax. “I recognised 15 years ago that using PFC technology in Nikwax products would be taking a risk with the health of my consumers,” says Nick Brown, CEO, Nikwax. Resolutely standing by his principles, Brown continued to develop PFC-free, high performance reproofing aftercare products that eliminated the use of potentially harmful solvents, to create a completely water-based range.  Today Nikwax is the only waterproof aftercare brand to have never used PFCs.

Read more
Removed User 21 Sep 2015
In reply to UKC/UKH Gear:

Does anyone else have no idea what PFC is and was annoyed that they don't define the acronym once in the entire post?
 Dan Arkle 21 Sep 2015
In reply to Removed User:

perfluorocarbons (or polyfluorocarbons).

What a shoddily written article, no background information whatsoever!
 NottsRich 21 Sep 2015
In reply to yesbutnobutyesbut:

It's not an article, it's an advert.
 Doghouse 21 Sep 2015

No idea here either.
In reply to NottsRich:

I think we're supposed to call them advertorials. Alan probably needs a new washing machine......

To be fair, though, the advertising on here is way less intrusive than on other sites, better geared towards the demographic and more likely to be genuinely educational. (Plus, as I've been liberally smearing and dousing nikwax on for years, I'm kind of relieved that it turns out I'm not going to die from it)
 mattsccm 23 Sep 2015
In reply to Martin not maisie:

No idea either.
Bit daft that. If this was an advert then telling me what to avoid would have made me think a bit more.
 hang_about 23 Sep 2015

PFCs like Teflon? Best chuck out the frying pan...
 Fraser 23 Sep 2015

I automatically assume it means parallel flanged channel !

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...