Scottish Rock this weekend? Forecast worth the risk?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Hello,

I'm super keen to go rock climbing in Scotland this weekend.

Can anyone shed any light on how dry the routes on high mountain crags were yesterday, how wet they are likely to get today and how quickly they'll dry tomorrow?

My head says go to Pembroke but my heart says: fortune favours the brave...

I'm interested in multi pitch routes like: Hammer and Pause on Etive Slabs; Centurion, Bullroar and Minus One Direct on the Ben; Needle on Shelter Stone; Anything in Glencoe and anything on the Cobbler.

Can anyone who has climbed up that way, preferably recently, offer advice.

Cheers, Tom
 Captain Solo 14 Aug 2015
In reply to Tom Ripley Mountain Guide:
Climbed in Cairngorms wed and Thursday. shelterstone pretty dry but heavy rain last night/ today, dries quickly though.
The west of the country will have escaped the worst of the recent rain so I reckon etive, glen coe and cobbler should be ok.
Not sure about the Ben, a bit slower to dry but maybe ok, I believe there's still snow below minus one.
Sat looks showery but sun should be dry.
Hth
Capt.
In reply to Captain Solo:

Hey,

Thanks for this.

Anyone been on the Ben recently? The photos on Mike Peascod's page looked pretty dry.
 mishabruml 17 Aug 2015

was up the ben yesterday, we bailed off centurion as it was too wet, and another party bailed off the e3 a few routes to the right for the same reason
 DannyC 17 Aug 2015

Too late I guess (though forecast's still good) but Shelterstone was in grand condition yesterday. Hope you got up.
D.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...