Good places to live in and around chester (A55)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Adam Lincoln 10 Oct 2013
Ok so i am on the move back to England/Wales. Need to be within commuting distance of Stanlow/Helsby area. Not keen on Liverpool, but want to be as close to North wales crags as possible. So maybe somewhere along the A55. What are the nicer places along there. Somewhere with a decent amount of rental properties going, as i wont be buying straight away.
 tim000 10 Oct 2013
In reply to Adam Lincoln: helsby or frodsham? easy access to M56 for north wales . plus a local crag as well.
altirando 10 Oct 2013
In reply to Adam Lincoln: Actually Chester itself is perhaps the only 'city' I would live in. Really unique centre, all the facilities you could want including a climbing wall, the river ...... Certainly the best choice for renting.
 Jack_Lewin 10 Oct 2013
In reply to Adam Lincoln:

I am currently living in Chester and it is a good place to be, the Lakes, the peak and. North Wales are within almost equal distance. Locally there is plenty to go at with Clywd limestone and the sandstone crags.

Chester itself is a nice city to live in. I live about a mile from the city centre in Hoole which has its own bakers, butchers and greengrocers on its small high street. Places to rent in Chester are easy to find for a variety of budgets. The handbridge area the other side of the river is another of the nicer areas to live.

I'm about to move to Ewloe just over the border mainly because I need a garage and was struggling to find anywhere in the city. As a bonus rent is cheaper out there as expected. A new climbing wall opens in queensferry next week which is about a 15 min drive away from the city. If I didn't need the extra space I'd definitely stay in the city though, some grew pubs and restaurants too!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...