New daysack - Marmot Odin 35

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 fire_munki 22 Aug 2011
Hi all,
Its time to stop using a tatty 75 litre mahoosive bergan and get something appropiate.
Any one trtied this: http://www.theoutdoorshop.com/showPart.asp?part=PN90326
Its about my price range and not too big, will need to get a rack, a 50m single, helmet and shoes plus lunch and small 1st aid.
also at 5'7 I'd guess I want a medium.
As an aside I like bright colours so any other suggestions would pref be shiny and bright!
OP fire_munki 22 Aug 2011
In reply to fire_munki:
Um no one has any opinions?
This being UKC I'm very surprised, but it wasn't a particularly polarising subject. Should have added in something about dry tooling or bolting crags!
 TobyA 22 Aug 2011
In reply to fire_munki: If it's any help I've reviewed a few things from Marmot over the last few years for UKC and I think you won't go wrong with them if that's what you want.

It's quite a new product I think so maybe no one out there with one - not quite the same, but here's my review of the Centaur 38: http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/review.php?id=3855 very good all-rounder perhaps a tad pricey, but the one you are interested in is a lower price point anyway.

I'd go for it, Marmot are a good brand that make solid gear.
In reply to fire_munki:
Thank you for the feed back. think I'll be putting the order in.
 BigBrother 22 Aug 2011
In reply to fire_munki: 1600gms for a 35l sack!!! I think you will need to be as strong as Odin to carry it.

People usually give the Berghaus Arete good reviews and it is half the weight and cheaper on that site that you linked to. The Lowe crag attack is probably also a good bag but also cheaper and half the weight.
 TobyA 22 Aug 2011
In reply to BigBrother:
> (In reply to fire_munki) 1600gms for a 35l sack!!! I think you will need to be as strong as Odin to carry it.

Most general purpose sacks of about that size way at least a kilo. For many people having a pack that will last a long time and is comfy to carry is more important than saving weight.

It's really good that light gear is more and more available, but sometimes it's not the most important factor.
In reply to fire_munki:
The Berghaus does look good, hadn't realised 1.5kg was a lot for a bag, good thing I checked in here.
There were some notes about the back support on it on the reviews. I'm only really going to use it to get to and from the crag, we some winter work if I can find some one to take me when it snows.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...