Piccadilly Circus - broken glass

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Frogger 15 Aug 2011
Hiya

Just a quick note about my visit to Millstone yesterday. Had a great day's climbing but we were a bit saddened to find loads of broken glass at the bottom of Piccadilly Circus. We cleared some of it out of the way, as it was right at the face of the wall (just where you'd like to put your rope when climbing!) but the grass is quite long so there are probably quite a few more shards hidden away somewhere.

When climbing the route, we found a piece of glass lodged in the crack half way up the first pitch, and amazingly, there was a completely in-tact bottle actually in the cave, so it appears people were throwing them up at the wall as some kind of game. Unbelievable really.

Anyways, something to bear in mind if you're off there any time soon. Make sure you don't stand barefoot on any, or even worse, put your rope on it!

alj 15 Aug 2011
In reply to Frogger:

Charmingly there was also someone throwing stones off the top in the afternoon whilst people were climbing below. However, the climbers were less at risk than me and my 2 year old, sat about 10m away from the routes watching people climb. One stone missed us by about an inch!

Seems the chavs love Millstone.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...