Andy Earl - very ill

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Some pretty horrid news from the other place:

http://ukbouldering.com/board/index.php/topic,16585.msg291005/topicseen.htm...

Best wishes to Andy for a quick and full recovery.

jcm
 lithos 15 Dec 2010
In reply to johncoxmysteriously:

not good, fingers crossed for full recovery soon
 nigel pearson 15 Dec 2010
That is upsetting news, I hope he makes a full recovery.
DaveDaveDave 15 Dec 2010
In reply to johncoxmysteriously: Andy suffered a brain hemorrhage and is currently very ill and in intensive care, last i heard he is still yet to regain consciousness.

Hopefully he can make a full, speedy recovery.
 Simon 15 Dec 2010
In reply to DaveDaveDave:

Many people on here & elsewhere are all hoping & praying for Andy... I really hope he recovers...

Si
 niggle 15 Dec 2010
Terrible news. Fingers and toes crossed for Andy.
 jon 15 Dec 2010

As you say John, horrid news indeed. Do you know what was the cause of it?
 JDal 15 Dec 2010
In reply to jon:

As of last night there was no change. It's awful, we're all praying for a good outcome.

Updates will be on Climb Newcastle's website http://news.climbnewcastle.com/
 JSA 15 Dec 2010

Sad news indeed, but on the up-side he's very fortunate that it was caught in time to be treated.

22 years ago I lost my girlfriend to a massive double brain heamorage(sp?), she was only 18.

Best wishes to Andy and his family. My thoughts are with you.
 James Oswald 15 Dec 2010
Best of luck to him on a quick and full recovery.
James
 Gecko18 15 Dec 2010
In reply to johncoxmysteriously: Get well soon Andy, everyone from Scot South and the GB Team wishes you a speedy recovery. Nat
 Ian Dunn 16 Dec 2010
In reply to Natty B: Well said Nat, everyone from the GB Team wish Andy a full recovery and our thoughts are with you and your family.
 Sam Johnson999 17 Dec 2010
GET WELL SOON DUDE. All of us from DCC wish you a speedy recovery
 justin c 17 Dec 2010

SHIT !

All the best Andy !

Team BMC 17 Dec 2010

Wishing you a full and speedy recovery Andy from all at the office.
 Tony the Blade 17 Dec 2010
In reply to Team BMC:

I don't know the guy, but still wish him all the best for a speedy recovery - fingers crossed and all that.
 mark237 18 Dec 2010
In reply to johncoxmysteriously: our thoughts are with you and yours Andy.

From all the climbingpie folk
 ClimberEd 18 Dec 2010
In reply to FreshSlate:

I'm sorry to hear that, but you really need to work on your tact bypass....
just ed 18 Dec 2010
In reply to Team BMC: Andy get better soon mate
Jasmada 30 Dec 2010
In reply to just ed:
Great, positive news, fingers crossed for a full recovery.

A climber who slipped into a coma after suffering a brain aneurysm regained conciousness for Christmas Day - as his baby daughter was born on the next ward.
Andrew Earl should have been celebrating the birth of his first-born, but instead he was recovering from brain surgery after a ruptured aneurysm meant he was rushed into hospital.
His partner Suzan Dudink gave birth to their first child hours after he was brought out of a two-week coma in a Newcastle hospital and the new mother and child are now spending hours at his bedside hoping to spark his recovery.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1342683/Climber-Andrew-Earl-awakes-...
 Ray Sharples 30 Dec 2010
In reply to Jasmada:
Great news at last. Best wishes to Andy for a full recovery and to the new family.
 PeteH 31 Dec 2010
Fingers triple-crossed... But it's very early days yet, I'd imagine, if he's only just been woken up from sedation...

Thoughts, prayers and best wishes with Suzan, Andy and the baby.

Pete.
 Simon 31 Dec 2010
In reply to PeteH:

seconded! - fingers X'd for all

Si
 daveyji 31 Dec 2010
In reply to Simon: best wishes to Andy and family.
 Al Evans 31 Dec 2010
In reply to daveyji: Jesus, thats a family that needs all our good wishes, and if appropriate for you, prayers.
mcclown 31 Dec 2010
Good luck Andy, I only met you the once but you came across as a really down to earth, sound guy. All the best with your recovery. My best wishes are also with his family.
 control freak 05 Jan 2011
In reply to johncoxmysteriously: Just wanted to update this with some better news on Andy and family:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1342683/Climber-Andrew-Earl-awakes-...

Congratulations and best wishes
 Padraig 05 Jan 2011
In reply to control freak:

Great news!
 Ron Kenyon 07 Jan 2011
In reply to Padraig:

Big shock when this happens to such a great guy like Andy.

I wish him all the best for his recovery and a future with the family and the new addition with Amber.
 stouffer 16 Jan 2011
Good news from Climb Newcastle:

It's been nearly a month now since our MD Andy fell seriously ill and after discussion with his family we have decided it is now a good time to put an update out on his progress.

Many of you may have read about Andy's story when it was covered in local and national press as he awoke from a two-week long coma just before Christmas.

Since then Andy has made very steady and positive progress and has moved from intensive care to a high dependency ward and now onto an ordinary ward where he is beginning rehabilitation. On behalf of ourselves, his colleagues, and his family and friends we would like to say a huge thank you at this point to all of the staff in the A&E, intensive care and neurology departments at the RVI and everyone else who has helped Andy get this far.

We know many people are keen to see Andy. However as the visiting hours in the normal wards are very limited and Andy has a newborn baby and first-time mother to spend time with, Andy's family have asked that at this stage people do not visit him unless they are close friends or family and then in consultation with the family.

Thank you all again for your kind words, cards, presents for the baby and also for your continued support of Climb Newcastle in what have been difficult times. Hopefully Andy can continue to make great improvements in the days and weeks to come..
 Tall Clare 16 Jan 2011
In reply to stouffer:

Great news. Best wishes for a full recovery.
 Padraig 16 Jan 2011
In reply to stouffer:
FANTASTIC!
Had heard on grapevine he "was doing well", but this is really good news.
Pad

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...