SAS-style contestants in BBC show succeed.. in get

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
The latest reality TV gameshow Big Survivor etc etc show had to be held up when the contestants got lost near Ben Lomond. Apparently not quite clued up on that navigation stuff...

Anyone you know involved? We'd love to know.

Full story at UKClimbing's news page.

Charles
Tom 29 Aug 2001
In reply to Charles Arthur, UKC editor:

Chesterfield's very own Matt Dickinson was selected...I wonder how he's getting on? I know that as part of his training regime, he would eat vast quantities of fried Spam before long rambles...
Anita 29 Aug 2001
In reply to Charles Arthur, UKC editor: There's a bit in the Scotsman about that and apparently the Trossachs search and Rescue team found it hard to find them 'cos 'of the contestants' survival clothing and army-style facepaint'
What a picture!!
Ricky Martin 29 Aug 2001
In reply to Charles Arthur, UKC editor: so will this make one of Mr Wogan Anties Bloomer?
niall grimes 30 Aug 2001
In reply to Tom: I dare say Matt's up in the Trossocks right now adapting to his environment.
Philip 31 Aug 2001
How do you get lost on Ben Lomond? There's a path up to the top and it touches the west highland way, there's always people going up and down? (well it was busy in April 2 years ago when I went).
GFoz 31 Aug 2001
In reply to Philip:

From what I've heard they were supposed to go down to the east towards Comer farm , a much much quieter side to the Ven ( I went that was on an August evening once and didn't meet a soul).

Still , hardly rocket science what they were asked to do. I think if you took your average lay person, gave them a map and a 10 minute lesson they would breeze it ????
Anita 31 Aug 2001
In reply to GFoz: esp considering it wasn't cloudy / raining or foggy. Hmmm big Loch one side, not the other, which way will I go?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...