ajungilak sleeping bags

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
gfam64 24 Nov 2005
Would anyone care to express themselves on the qualities, good or bad, of ajungilak bags. Am especially interested in the denali arctic or the tyin arctic. Replies from experience prefered. Any comments on their thermal measuring system as compared to others appreciated. Thank you. Gfam64
phatfill 24 Nov 2005
In reply to gfam64:

i've got the ajungilak kompact winter, bought it in 2000 and its still going strong, construction is great.

mines rated to -18c (extreme) and i think thats probably accurate, certainly i'm comfortable at -12c stark neked on a therm-a-rest in a small tent.

it was a good investment, it squashes down reasonably well, not as well as a down bag, but £100 less than a down bag of the same warmth.
Hotbad Peteel 24 Nov 2005
In reply to gfam64:

i've got an ajungilak igloo winter. Its not small but only cost 60 quid. Its very very warm. Loses its properties a bit when wet but very cosy. Highly recommended if your camping near the car. Its not huge though so you'd be able to carry it if you were walking and didnt mind the weight too much. I've had 2 ajungilak bags and they've both lasted for years.
p
 SFM 24 Nov 2005
In reply to gfam64:

I've had a kompact 4 season bag for yonks it's a bit bulkier that a down bag but it's well put together and superbly warm(I'm a cold sleeper btw). Bivvied out in wet conditions a couple of times and had no probs.
 Alun 24 Nov 2005
In reply to gfam64:
I bought an Ajungilak Kompact ten years ago. Every now and again I think to myself "it's about time I treated myself to a new sleeping bag", then I realise that, despite using it in conditions down to a few degrees below zero (it is comfort rated to -5), some pretty foul weather, keeping it in its stuff sack for far too long, and generally mistreating it - I have never actually felt cold in it, despite its increasing age. It's not ripped, torn or damaged; a quick spin in the washing machine every now and again stops it getting too stinky; and thus it would be completely pointless in me wasting money on a new bag.

Furthermore I have several friends who have had Ajungilak bags for the best part of ten years, and not one of them has any complaints. I don't know about the two models you mentioned, but if they are like the rest of the range then I'm sure they'll be great.
 TRJ 24 Nov 2005
In reply to gfam64: All good kit, hence Mammut bought them out recently (Mammut doesn't tend to muck about). Real innovators when it comes to synthetic fillings.
 Dale Berry 24 Nov 2005
In reply to gfam64: Have the older model Kompakt (without the neck baffle) the Mrs has the ladies version. After 10 years of use, some years quite regularly, some not, I am know considering replacing it. I haven't yet had a cold night in it and have used it on frosty ground and when snowing. Would recommend to anyone.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...