Headlamps

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Adam Coles 31 Jul 2005
Hello. I am in need of a headlamp for an upcoming expedition and am wondering what good lamps there are on the market. my only problem is that I havent got a lot to spend at the moment as I have other gear to buy also.

What do people recommend and what are their approx. prices?

Adam
Adam Coles 31 Jul 2005
bump
Adam Coles 31 Jul 2005
In reply to Adam Coles: bump
Jamie monks 31 Jul 2005
In reply to Adam Coles:

The Petzl Tikka Plus is my favourite LED torch, can't comment on bulb lamps though.
djviper 31 Jul 2005
In reply to Adam Coles: i use a petzle myo 5 with the battry seperate from the tourch (so i can put it in me jacket in realy cold climates) i can remember how much it cost but ive never had a problem with it and you can heve either LED's for close stuff and better battery life or you can use it as a hallogen light
Adam Coles 31 Jul 2005
In reply to Jamie monks: does the light mentioned fit easily over any type and size of climbing helmet? are there any lights that dont do this that anybody knows about?
andycl 01 Aug 2005
Have a look at the new L series from Silva; www.silva.se

Cheers
 Ridge 01 Aug 2005
In reply to Adam Coles:
I use Petzl Myo 3, which I think is excellent. Most headtorches will fit any helmet which has head torch clips.
Only other recommendation is that if you want a headtorch for serious use you should get one with both LEDs and a halogen bulb. LEDs are great as they don't use much power, and are good for inside the tent, walking back from the pub etc. However if its foggy or really heavy rain LEDs don't penetrate at all, you just get a glow around your head.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...