fortwilliam

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
mblinehan 05 Dec 2004
any ideas on good pubs... in and around fortwilliam around new year?
 Dave Stelmach 05 Dec 2004
In reply to mblinehan: Any of them
Geoffrey Michaels 05 Dec 2004
In reply to mblinehan:

Most of them are good. Nevisport will be full of fleece types.
yoda 05 Dec 2004
In reply to mblinehan: just dont order mussels from the pub with restaraunt upstairs that over looks the loch.I did when I went to the mountain biking.Bad Bad upset tummy!Also we were told that the chinese had been done for food poisoning by the env' health.Loadsa good bars though....and oh boy can the locals put away their ale!
 Bruce Hooker 06 Dec 2004
In reply to mblinehan:

Are the pubs open in Fort William on new year's day now?

We got stuck there once after being washed out by heavy rain on Ben Nevis and spent all day bivying in the coop doorway, I've still got a photo,... everything was shut up tight.
Geoffrey Michaels 06 Dec 2004
In reply to Bruce Hooker:
I think you will be ok this year. They have re-furbished the supermarket doors.
 John Workman 06 Dec 2004
In reply to The Sultan of Loch Quoich:
I realise that Nevisport will do anything to turn a coin, but I thought they'd draw the line at serving four legged clansmen
 Howard 06 Dec 2004
In reply to mblinehan:

Nearly all the pubs in Fort William are awful and to be avoided at all costs. An exception to this is the Ben Nevis Inn at the start of the tourist path up Ben Nevis.

In reply to Howard:

Glad you like them so much. We won't miss you.
Viva la Trance 06 Dec 2004
In reply to Howard:

No such thing as a bad pub...what's wrong with you ?
 Howard 06 Dec 2004

Charming manners you have. If you are typical of the regulars I won't miss you either.
In reply to Howard:

Well it was just a sarcastic comment in response to your criticism of all FW pubs which was just nonsense. Enjoy the "Ben Nevis" Inn
 Bruce Hooker 06 Dec 2004

I don't know if they're any good or not - they were all closed when I needed them!
OP Anonymous 06 Dec 2004
In reply to Howard:
> (In reply to mblinehan)
>
> Nearly all the pubs in Fort William are awful and to be avoided at all costs.
Why?

Howard 07 Dec 2004

Obviously I expect more from a pub than you. I stand by my original mesaage. I wouldn't go into any pub in Fort William. However there are some decent ones outside the town.
 Erik B 07 Dec 2004
In reply to Howard: I agree with you
Foxy 07 Dec 2004
In reply to Howard:

Went there for the first time last summer, pubs were awful, the one saving grace was the live singer in one of them singing Letter from America (or whatever it was called) by the Proclaimers, classic.

Sh*tehole so it was.
Geoffrey Michaels 07 Dec 2004
In reply to Foxy:
> (In reply to Howard)

>
> Sh*tehole so it was.

And you come from Preston???????
crikeyorikey 07 Dec 2004

Anyone know if the tescos will be open on the 2nd of january please.
estivoautumnal 07 Dec 2004
In reply to Foxy:

> Sh*tehole so it was.

The Grog, Nevisport and the Maryburgh are all ok pubs. They serve good un-watered-down beer and can, when busy have a good atmosphere. The one thing that can change that is the clients, and in my experience (as a non local) the most boring nights are when the pubs are full of hill walkers huddled around their pints of Guiness talking about Fells and who has the baggiest Ronhills.
crikeyorikey 07 Dec 2004
In reply to estivator:

I tried but they can't tell me until the 10th of december and i'm impatient
 Norrie Muir 07 Dec 2004
In reply to mblinehan:
> any ideas on good pubs... in and around fortwilliam around new year?

Dear mblinehan

I may have been in every pub within a 50 mile radius of Fort William and all the good pubs have changed hands, so I can’t recommend any now. Join the locals by buying a carry-out and drink it in the Parade.

Norrie
In reply to crikeyorikey:

The other shops in Claggan and Caol will be open I think.
In reply to crikeyorikey:
I don't think it will be open. It's not usualy open on a Sunday in winter.
 Al Todd 07 Dec 2004
In reply to mblinehan:

The underground car park at the back of the Ben Fong is the best bivi in town - spent a week there once. The Nevis Bank is the best place for a refined pint whilst McTavishs is best for a punch up. Far more fun to be had on the High street than trying to find something in condition on the Ben at new year
In reply to Al Todd:

Well put and very true.
 James Edwards 08 Dec 2004
Is this he of the starship enterprise? The man who was acused of not transfering the phones? Just wondering. Kev arrived this morning and his chat did not seem the worse for wear considering he had been sat on a plane for a day and a half. Mike B is out tommorow? Does he have anyone to pick him up and a place to stay etc?
James e
Geoffrey Michaels 08 Dec 2004
In reply to James Edwards:

Not sure how to get in touch with him but he is meeting up with Fergal and Kirk.
 Erik B 08 Dec 2004
 Norrie Muir 08 Dec 2004
In reply to Erik B:
> (In reply to The Sultan of Loch Quoich) jesus christ man, you need to go on a diet! how many ropes do you need?

Dear Erik

The other ropes are to tether his camels.

Norrie

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...