Ski Canyoneering

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Pete Houghton 22 Feb 2017
A couple of friends and I invented a new discipline last week, we call it "ski canyoneering".

Our first outing was to the wild side of Mont Buet, on the seldom-skied north west face. A low-snow season meant lots of dry skiing, downclimbing, sidestepping with an axe out, rappels... on a fairly mixed bag of crust, crap, ice, gravel, bare slab... all par for the course in Winter 2017, unfortunately!

Still, we had a great day out, and it's a line I'll definitely be going back to again, if it ever fills with a bit more snow. Mont Buet, Grand Couloir West, 5.3E3.

youtube.com/watch?v=Fmy5T07RcuU&
James Jackson 22 Feb 2017
In reply to Pete Houghton:

How very Scottish! Nice line though.
 Jim 1003 24 Feb 2017

> A couple of friends and I invented a new discipline last week, we call it "ski canyoneering".Our first outing was to the wild side of Mont Buet, on the seldom-skied north west face. A low-snow season meant lots of dry skiing, downclimbing, sidestepping with an axe out, rappels... on a fairly mixed bag of crust, crap, ice, gravel, bare slab... all par for the course in Winter 2017, unfortunately!Still, we had a great day out, and it's a line I'll definitely be going back to again, if it ever fills with a bit more snow. Mont Buet, Grand Couloir West, 5.3E3. youtube.com/watch?v=Fmy5T07RcuU&

I think you have tried to invent Scottish skiing at it's best...
paraffin 24 Feb 2017

Whatever next?

I know! How about cutting a snowboard right down the middle . . . no wait a minute . . .

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...