Otztal Ski Tour

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 davkeo 26 Feb 2019

I'm planning a 5 night tour in April and have just discovered that the Hochwildehutte is closed until further notice. We had planned to stay here on night 1 and skip out the recommended first hut, Langtalereck. It seems we may now need to stay at the Langtalereckhutte on night 1 and go directly to Martin Busch Hut for night 2. From there, we will follow the tour as per the Bill O Connor Cicerone guide recommended itinerary. 

Our revised plan would combine stage 2&3 into the 2nd day of said tour but I am wondering if there is a better, more mellow and perhaps obvious way to do the tour in the absence of the Hochwildehutte.

Thanks

Kean 27 Feb 2019
In reply to davkeo:

Hi there, I've been to the area a couple of times...

I'd do:

day 1: (early start!) Hintere Seelenkogel (3472m) and overnight at Langtalereckhutte. This gives you the advantage of being able to dump gear at the Langtalereckhutte...unless you're acclimatised the H. Seelenkogel will make you puff with a full pack!!

https://www.outdooractive.com/de/hochtour/oetztaler-alpen/hinterer-seelenko...

day 2: go straight to the Schalfkogel and across to Martinbushhutte. Easily accessed through an awesome slot canyon SW of the Langtalereckhutte. Mind-blowing experience emerging from the gloom of the slot canyon onto the awesome, endless vastness of the Gurgl glacier!

Post edited at 03:15
OP davkeo 27 Feb 2019
In reply to Kean:

Sounds like a cool first 2 days. Thanks for the info.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...