Non EC member and meat products

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Bill Thomson 13 Mar 2022

Hi,

I’m going on a 2week ski tour soon to N Sweden. As we are no longer in EC, there seems to be a restriction on meat and dairy products. Has anyone had problems with this? I am aiming to take quite a few expedition dried food packs, mainly with chicken and beef bases well as dried powder milk. 
thanks

melocoton 13 Mar 2022
In reply to Bill Thomson:

I'm just returning from France now, my first trip to the EU since the end of the transition period.

We travelled by ferry in a car so probably not how you'll be going to Sweden but this was our experience. Whilst technically there are things you can't take now, nobody checked anything (as per usual). We took less food than we normally would in case more thorough checks were now in place but did take a bit of stuff which you're probably not supposed to. 

In future I think we will take more stuff which is a "phytosanitary hazard" (!) but not take the piss. I'll keep it out of sight but not go to such great lengths to conceal it that it's obvious we're trying to hide it.

You don't have to fill in a USA style customs declaration saying you aren't carrying prohibited items so in the highly unlikely event of being searched I'd just plead ignorance and hope to just have it confiscated.

Whether you want to take that risk is of course entirely up to you.

OP Bill Thomson 13 Mar 2022
In reply to melocoton:

Thanks for the view, which is essentially what I am feeling. In fact I travelled (flight) to Norway in October and had a similar experience at that time of no form filling etc. But to loose a lot of my food would mean a lost day re-buying , likely the same packs! , not to mention the additional costs. So just wondered if anyone had been questioned and if there had been an issue with prepared dried food packs. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...