Daily off piste insurance ? 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Tim Davies 02 Nov 2021

Planning on a few odd days off piste / easy touring with nights in refuges with my daughter this winter. 
any suggestions for day to day rescue cover that I can arrange quickly ? 

I use the BMC (highly recommended) but they only do weeks at a time. 

freeflyer 03 Nov 2021
In reply to Tim Davies:

Not much traffic, so here's a couple of suggestions:

Get an annual multi-trip policy, which are readily available, you can see what's covered and what isn't easily, and may well come to about the same as lots of little policies, plus a lot less hassle.

Get a Garmin Mini, especially if you're going to be regularly without mobile coverage. It's not particularly cheap, but you can turn it off and on month by month, and you can also leave reassuring messages for any concerned relatives, and even be tracked. As always with Garmin the UI is a right pita, but it does work. I believe you can get associated S&R insurance but I do that separately.

ff

Alex1 03 Nov 2021
In reply to Tim Davies:

The BMC policy is very expensive for skiing use as it is really aimed at winter mountaineering (which is higher risk). Look at the cost of dedicated skiing insurance - I normally use ski club which is a lot cheaper than BMC and covers touring and off-piste under the basic policy

Post edited at 17:10
 LastBoyScout 03 Nov 2021
In reply to Tim Davies:

I've used Voyager in the past - they have an option to upgrade for skiing, including off-piste.

Not used it for winter sports, but LV= also do travel insurance with options to upgrade for various sports and levels.

Gazmataz 04 Nov 2021
In reply to Tim Davies:

I used BattleFace when I was in Spain technically against FO advice because of Covid. Added skiing for a day when I could - Never claimed on it so can't speak to that but they did one day policies to cover skiing 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...