Trail running clubs

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Esparta 03 Aug 2023

Hiya, 

A bit of a long shot... But does anybody know of any clubs I could join for weeekend long runs? I am always running on my own and due to work, I can't join any club during the week.

Many thanks,

​​​​​​Lucy. 

timjones 03 Aug 2023
In reply to Esparta:

I don't know how clubs in your area work but my local.club doesn't require attendance during the week in order to join runs at the weekend.

wbo2 03 Aug 2023
In reply to Esparta: Where do you live?  Most trail running is going to be via other running clubs so you need to find one of those with an active weekend run.

And how far? Not hard to find people to do weekends up to 20 miles, especially in marathon season.  Longer than that, gets harder

Neil Williams 03 Aug 2023
In reply to timjones:

Except the serious, properly competitive athletic clubs most running clubs are unlikely to insist you commit to anything specific (other than paying the membership fee of course).  I guess approach one you like the look of online and ask!

dread-i 03 Aug 2023
In reply to Esparta:

How long is long? You could do a run that coincides with Parkrun. Run X km to the park. Do a park run. If you're quick, do a second lap, as there will be people out for ~1h. Run back home. It's not a trail run, but there is company, speed work and some competition.

Neil Williams 04 Aug 2023
In reply to dread-i:

Some parkruns are trail runs.  Depends where you are I guess!

The New NickB 04 Aug 2023
In reply to Esparta:

Where in the country?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...