The Last LAMM...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ben b 02 Jun 2018

What a way for Martin to announce his retirement. Great weekend and a fitting finale on the Isle of Harris - the overnight camp was really special. 

Thanks Martin- the LAMM will be sorely missed (indeed I’m sore already!)

b

planetmarshall 02 Jun 2018
In reply to ben b:

Really sad to miss it this year.

OP ben b 02 Jun 2018
In reply to planetmarshall:

I fear you missed a really great event (although the midges were pretty bad in places today). And that was the last one - I really hope someone feels like filling in the holes left by the Highlander and the LAMM. 

B

Andy Mullett 03 Jun 2018
In reply to ben b:

What a great weekend, such a phenomenal site for an overnight camp. Very pleased to have done a LAMM at last, just such a pity there won't be any more. And what a lovely emotional parting speech from Martin. 

OP ben b 03 Jun 2018
In reply to Andy Mullett:

Aye, I might have had a brief attack of hay fever during the standing ovation.

A great race as ever although it was a pretty tough couple of days. I think about half the score class got in late which must be a record!

b

SouthernSteve 03 Jun 2018
In reply to ben b:

A replacement race is being planned by Ourea events – lets hope it matches the heritage of the LAMM

Elsier 03 Jun 2018
In reply to ben b:

Yes a truly amazing event, glad I had the opportunity to take part, as it will be one that I remember for a very long time.

galpinos 04 Jun 2018
In reply to ben b:

It was indeed a great event. Brutal heat, brutal hills, amazing weather and scenery, and an incredible (midge free!) mid camp. 

Lovely speech from Martin at the end. I imagine he wasn’t alone in welling up a bit.... Hope Shane and his team’s new Scottish Mountain Marathon can help plug the gap left by the LAMM and Highlander. Hopefully it’ll be the “same but different”, an adventurous mountain marathon in the wilds of Scotland but with it’s own personality, as the two previous events had.

Simon Caldwell 05 Jun 2018
In reply to ben b:

Was a great event, even though I hated almost every minute of it at the time! Unfortunately I missed Martin's closing speech as I was one of many still out on the hill

I was rather expecting this would be his swansong, after all how can you follow something like this. And rather glad that he's chosen to "retire" the LAMM name as well - whatever Shane comes up with will definitely be excellent, but won't be the LAMM...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...