Strava - I hate you!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Tony the Blade 04 Feb 2020

Strava just got a run timing very wrong.

I just ran my local 5km and Strava registered it as 7min+ splits, I run 6 on an average day and 5 when in monster mode - Tonight I was in monster mode! It also missed out 2 segments.

I hate it when Strava gets it wrong, it's out there as a poor run and Stava says so, therefore it's a fact haha

Queenie 04 Feb 2020
In reply to Tony the Blade:

I also hate when it shows that hill you scorched up as being either level or even downhill. Gah.

SouthernSteve 04 Feb 2020

What import device are you using? A 'friend' was recently boasting of his high mileage and super speed – now I know Strava (via his phone) is recording about 20% more distance. It might not be Strava that is at fault.

On a different note. If you don't need the adulation of others Training Peaks (free or paid) is a good record keeper.

Roadrunner6 04 Feb 2020
In reply to SouthernSteve:

Yeah since I stopped using my iphone I've had to up my mileage... 

Occasionally my watch just will not send the data through and it disappears. Very frustrating.

Gone for good 04 Feb 2020

I use a Suunto Ambit 3 to record my runs and the uploaded data to Strava always adds a few seconds to the average pace. My Suunto told me I ran 6km tonight at 4.35 per km but Strava shows it as 4 seconds per km slower. When I show my times as a race it adds about 10 seconds per km which is very annoying . My bike computer (Garmin 130) transfers data to Strava to the exact second.

Post edited at 21:00
 Padraig 04 Feb 2020

I use a watch with a timer...

DancingOnRock 05 Feb 2020

What device are you using? I assume it doesn’t connect directly to Strava but uploads to a server which converts your watch file into a GPX file that Strava understands. That server is probably altering the data and then Strava is altering it again.

https://support.strava.com/hc/en-us/articles/216917707-Bad-GPS-Data?mobile_...

Post edited at 09:48
In reply to SouthernSteve:

Just my phone - I only need the routes logging. Look at my times, I don't need/want any adulation haha

In reply to Padraig:

No school like the old school

Aaaand breathe!

Apologies to the 6 folks that disliked my original post, I felt robbed! I'm feeling much better today though.

I'll just have to get out and do it again. :-D

MattL80 05 Feb 2020

It also has a habit of stealing a few metres from the route, so the pb 10k comes in as 9.99 and doesn't count

Padraig 06 Feb 2020

It worked for me in school & it still does. If it ain't broke ...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...