Pendle Way on a Midsummers night

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Levy_danny 23 Jun 2023

Hi All,

Anyone ran this or PWIAD before? Got a last minute place and wondering if anyone has any tips or hints. 

I'm quite looking forward to it but just wondering how hilly it is and what's it likely to be like underfoot at present.. 

Cheers

Dan

dread-i 23 Jun 2023
In reply to Levy_danny:

Big hill at the start. Rolling, rather than rugged hills. Pretty dry on the hills, but with rain expected in a bit. Weather looks good, otherwise.

I'll see you tomorrow.

OP Levy_danny 23 Jun 2023
In reply to dread-i:

Sweet sounds awesome, I’ve been up pendle quite a few ways (thanks tour of pendle) so know what to expect there but grateful for the bets on the rest haha. See you tomorrow. I’m pretty excited considering I only got the transfer yesterday! I hope I don’t wimp out and do the 30 mile option when presented with the choice at 24 miles and circa 3 in the morning. 

dread-i 23 Jun 2023
In reply to Levy_danny:

I've done the bits around Pendle. I dont know the route, but sorta know the area. Should be fun, or, at least, that's what I'm telling myself.

compost 23 Jun 2023
In reply to Levy_danny:

I'd love to do this - report back afterward please!

In reply to compost:

Will do for sure with the caveat that I have a habit of mentally blanking out the bad bits afterwards and only remembering the good bits.

In reply to dread-i:

Any idea what you’re going to do about eating tomorrow. I’m thinking pretty decent lunch and small dinner. Then just eating the usual during the race. I’ll probably take a sandwich with me as well. 

dread-i 23 Jun 2023
In reply to Levy_danny:

I'll do something similar. Also, I'll take a few different foods, sweet and savoury, as sometimes I dont want to eat.

OP Levy_danny 25 Jun 2023
In reply to compost:

Well that went pear shaped it was an awesome event well organised and running over pendle in the evening was sweaty but lovey. My primary headtorch wouldn’t start at the beginning (although worked when tested at home) and I nearly failed kit check. Was left with my emergency lamp and had to start 10 minutes late. My spare  just isn’t great for nav and running so I pulled out about 15 miles in and got an Uber back to the start to retire. Biolite are getting an angry email this morning and I’m going back for the winter one. First dnf and it hurts but got a good run anyway. 

Post edited at 08:46
 compost 26 Jun 2023
In reply to Levy_danny:

Oh no! Better luck next time

OP Levy_danny 26 Jun 2023
In reply to compost:

I know, learnt a valuable lesson that my spare needs to be decent for running as well not just for emergencies.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...