Looking for trail/hill running club or partners - Bristol

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Euan Todd 30 Jan 2017
So I recently moved to Bristol, and I've been looking for places to run, off-road as much as possible, and try in vain to maintain some of my hard-earned fitness (such as it was)! Having said that, I've not run a huge amount in the past 2 months or so, so not gonna be particularly fast right now.

I'm out near Horfield/Filton, and don't have a car right now which is limiting me somewhat.

Basically, looking for pointers to clubs, or just other keen folk to get out and about on some trails and hills - explore the area a bit! Currently I'm working 9-5 and climbing quite often, so looking at 1/2 days(or nights) a week.

I can offer fuel money, pretty terrible chat but a lot of psyche!

Thanks in advance for any help!

Euan
 riverz 31 Jan 2017
In reply to Euan Todd:

You could join Bristol Orienteering Klub, they do weekly off road runs suitable for all (the locations vary so might not be good if you don't have a car). If you want you can join me for some evening hill reps in Stoke Park Estate, I could do with a training partner!
 Jezzer 02 Feb 2017
In reply to Euan Todd:

Great Western Runners run from Redland squash/tennis club at 7 on Wednesdays. Mainly on road/pavement in the winter and off-road in the summer. Weekend events too. Cater for all levels of ability

http://www.greatwesternrunners.org.uk/
OP Euan Todd 05 Feb 2017
In reply to Euan Todd:

Thanks for the tips guys, I'll have a look!

Jack - which evenings do you normally run hills? I've been on the estate a couple of times, would be keen for some reps!
 riverz 06 Feb 2017
In reply to Euan Todd:

Thursdays work well for me, you?
OP Euan Todd 06 Feb 2017
In reply to riverz:

Yeah sounds good - I'll send ya a message!
 riverz 08 Feb 2017
In reply to Euan Todd:

Replied!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...