Lake District Mountain Trial - 10th September

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Nic Barber 20 Jul 2023

Entries for the 2023 Lake District Mountain Trial, this year held from Eskdale Green on Sunday 10th September, are now open.

Details and link to entries are here: https://www.ldmta.org.uk/

3 courses (Classic, medium, short), the(?) original mountain navigation/orienteering event in the UK, running since 1952. Very good day out.

NorthernGoat 20 Jul 2023
In reply to Nic Barber:

A brilliant and much undervalued race. A classic of it's genre. 

Are you back running Nic? I always used to enjoy your comments on your attack point long 

OP Nic Barber 24 Jul 2023
In reply to NorthernGoat:

3 races in 9 days, don't call it a comeback! Body doesn't know what's hit it (though that could be the 7 week old as well!)

I'll just be toddling around the short this year non-competitively. Be a bit much to do the classic and I have experience of going into that lacking stamina; in 2019 I turned a worst-case of 2nd place into 10th when I had a complete brain fart on the slopes of Blisco in sight of the finish.

Post edited at 09:42
In reply to Nic Barber:

I meant to say hello to you yesterday Nic, as I'm aware that we've never met, although judging by your descent time it looks like we came pretty close to meeting on the way down - you must have been flying!!

Post edited at 09:45
OP Nic Barber 24 Jul 2023
In reply to Rob Greenwood - UKClimbing:

I gave you a smile at the start.

Climbing isn't quite what it was and will take a while to get back, but descending is pretty good, though do run out of stamina a bit at the end. That was my kind of descent, gentle gradient, soft and some soggy bits.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...