Inov8 X-talon = road equivalent

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 The Potato 22 Jul 2017
my wife is spot on in x-talons but needs something for the road that allows her to run the same. I dont want suggestions from the Inov8 range based solely on the spec i would like real world tried and tested advice please.
OP The Potato 24 Jul 2017
In reply to The Potato:

anyone?
kmhphoto 24 Jul 2017
In reply to The Potato:

Not sure quite what you mean by "run the same" but the Enko G4.1's are a great pair of running shoes.
 Dark-Cloud 24 Jul 2017
In reply to The Potato:

I am not really sure what advice you want exactly but my Mrs runs off road in X-Talons and runs the road in Asics, they are very different things (as you will no doubt know)

I know you didn't want comparisons from Inov8 but i am going to give you one, have a look at the Road Talons....
 The New NickB 24 Jul 2017
In reply to kmhphoto:

Just looked up the Enko G4.1. Do you actually run in those?
 The New NickB 24 Jul 2017
In reply to The Potato:

Which model of x-talon? The drop and the midsole stack is different on different models.
 Dark-Cloud 24 Jul 2017
In reply to The New NickB:

Ha, didn't look at that link, what the hell are they ?
 wbo 24 Jul 2017
In reply to The Potato: What does she like about them.

Ok if we assume the most absolutely average serious running shoes is the Nike Pegasus - has she tried those? And if so what did she like/boot like?
kmhphoto 24 Jul 2017
In reply to The New NickB:

Yes I run in them regularly. Being a few years past middle aged my knees are not what they used to be and these have dramatically decreased the impact on my knees. I may not be able to run as fast as most but I can at least out pose them
OP The Potato 24 Jul 2017
In reply to The Potato:

Thanks, it's a difficult one I guess, not saying no to inov,8 road just don't want suggestions based purely on spec.

It's the xtalon 212. She's tried a neutral road shoe (Adidas duramo 7) and stability (puma faas 300) and both hurt her knee, yet the xtalons fine up to 12 miles so far
 natehd9 25 Jul 2017
In reply to The Potato:

From my own experience, I very quickly adapted to f-lites from x-talons as a road shoe, although I would advise some of the heavier ones as the super light design have zero padding!
 galpinos 25 Jul 2017
In reply to The Potato:

Is that not due to the fact she's running on soft ground in the X-Talons (the 212 is my favourite shoe) and repeatedly hitting hard repetitive tarmac in the road shoe? More a function the type of running than terrain than the shoe itself?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...