Grib Goch detail route selection

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 tim_broadhurst 02 Jun 2018

Looking to traverse this quite quickly on a 3000s route from Snowdon end.

Now I get it’s a ridge so hard to get lost, you’d think, but on a recce I found the pinnacles slow going and couldn’t decide over the top, right, left etc.

Been trying to decipher from photos and drone footage etc but not getting anywhere.

Got one more chance at a recede coming up so I’d like to dial in the route, any advice? I want to be safe but as fast as possible. 

WaterMonkey 02 Jun 2018
In reply to tim_broadhurst:

Can’t comment on fast as possible but safest I think is to go to the right of the first pinnacle then about half way in go up to the top of the pinnacle, descend carefully into the gulley between the two then across the gulley and straight up and over the other side.

my mate traversed around the 1st and into the gulley but quickly regretted it!

Straight over the top of the pinnacles looks more daunting from below them but is actually usually easier than trying to traverse round. 

steveriley 03 Jun 2018

I ran it the other way last week and stayed pretty much on the top leading up to them, and straight over the pinnacles, slightly left looking up. Bit more route choice on Crib-y-Ddysgl but you can probably gain a bit of time just being flexible if it’s busy.

Post edited at 08:00

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...