Go Outdoors returns on trail running shoes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 O'Donopoo 04 Jun 2017
Hi all,
I have had a pair of trail running shoes that I've had for around 4 months, they've split where the shoe creases and I've emailed Go Outdoors and they say they've got a 1 year manufacturer's warranty and that I should take them back to the store and they may have to send them off to the manufacturer.
This would all be great except that they say that it'll take up to four weeks to go though it all (but could be less) and I'm walking the West Highland Way in them in just under four weeks, so I'm hoping it'll be quicker. Has anyone else done this and how long did it take? Also, do you think it would be quicker to send them directly to the manufacturer (Asics)?
 oldie 04 Jun 2017
In reply to O'Donopoo:

The retailer is responsible for the article so (unless you find Ascics will accept it direct) you need to go through Go Outdoors.
OP O'Donopoo 04 Jun 2017
In reply to oldie:

Bugger, their customer service in my local branch is shite, it'll sit there for two weeks before being sent off
 oldie 04 Jun 2017
In reply to O'Donopoo:

You could offer to buy new shoes from GO with the proviso that GO will later refund the original money if Ascics agree the shoes have failed (which it sounds as if they have). Actually they should supply a replacement within a reasonable time or full or part money back anyway....but its as well to discuss it first and hopefully have something in writing.
If you're worried the problem could recur you might buy different shoes with same agreement about refunding original price. You are obviously going to have to get new/replacement shoes for the WHW in any case.
In reply to O'Donopoo:
Only time I've returned an item to Go it happened to be shoes and it took about four weeks turnaround. Then, they said they had to go to their HQ first.

BTW some large companies don't actually return items to distributors/manufacturers right away anyway as they wait till the distribution representative visits first to check. With Go I wasn't needing to wait for a return or replacement so when the store got back to me agreeing they were faulty, I just opted for a refund which they gave.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...