Garmin HRM Pro

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 pad01 19 Jan 2022

Hi

Recently got one of these but I’m not sure if I’ve set it up properly, it works properly or if it’s not compatible with my watch. 
I have a vivoactive 3 and the Garmin  connect app. I can see the HRM on both app and watch but after a run I don’t see any other data than what I see from the watch. 
I was expecting a lot more from reading about the device, advanced running metrics apparently.  
Am I doing something wrong or is it not compatible. 
Garmin instructions, as usual, aren’t great. 

Thanks 

tony 19 Jan 2022
In reply to pad01:

According to the Garmin website, the HRM Pro isn't compatible with the Vivoactive 3. A list of the compatible devices is here:

https://www.garmin.com/en-GB/p/682155#devices

Garethza 19 Jan 2022
In reply to tony:

Indeed, I suspect this is due to it using bluetooth instead of ANT+ 

OP pad01 19 Jan 2022
In reply to tony:

But if it’s not compatible do they not just bypass the watch and record the data in the connect app?

OP pad01 19 Jan 2022
In reply to Garethza:

thought the VA3 was ANT+

Garethza 19 Jan 2022
In reply to pad01:

https://www.garmin.com/en-GB/p/571520#accessories

See 'Heart Rate Monitors' for the compatible belt

The watch syncs with Garmin Connect after the activity has completed, otherwise Garmin has just bypassed the need for them to sell you an expensive watch  

OP pad01 19 Jan 2022
In reply to Garethza:

As Homer Simpson said - Doh. 
might have to look at upgrading to a Fenix then 😂

thanks everyone. 

SouthernSteve 19 Jan 2022
In reply to pad01:

The new Fenix 7 adverts landed in my email today. The prices just keep shooting up. Over £800 for the X. I think you will get the strap to work with something far more affordable such as the Forerunner 745 - although not quite as pretty!

Dark-Cloud 20 Jan 2022
In reply to pad01:

Can do you a deal on a used Fenix 5, perfect condition 4 years old

Dark-Cloud 20 Jan 2022
In reply to SouthernSteve:

Mad isn't it, although to be fair the Fenix 6 launched at near those prices and i have just upgraded to the 6X for £400, only expect to pay full what if you are in at the launch!

tony 20 Jan 2022
In reply to Dark-Cloud:

I have a Fenix 5 and I only use a small fraction of the available functions. If the OP has been using a Vivoactive so far, they be just as well off with a Forerunner of some number, and avoid getting caught up with the Fenix escalation, and save some money.

PPP 21 Jan 2022
In reply to pad01:

> As Homer Simpson said - Doh. 

> might have to look at upgrading to a Fenix then 😂

> thanks everyone. 

Save the money, I personally think there’s too many metrics to be useful. 

Basic GPS (distance, pace, time, elevation), heart rate - useful
HRV, resting heart rate, cadence, power… perhaps. 
Vertical oscillation, left/right ground contact balance, stamina (of the new Fenix 7), etc… you probably want to understand training/biomechanics to make them useful, by which point you’ll come to a conclusion they’re pointless

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...