Finish line photos - progress!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Wainers44 12 Aug 2018

We are a funny breed aren't we. I did the beautiful Roseland August Trial (RAT), 32 mile version over its spectacularly corrugated coastal footpath route on Saturday. Despite the rain it was as joyous and of course hard as nails as ever. 

Anyway just looked at the finish photos to see how totalled I looked. Thanks to these lovely GPS watches about 75% of the photos depicted runners looking down at watches to stop the clock at the right moment....me too!

They were simple days the old days, holding arms aloft, doing the thumbs up, or even just smiling!!!

Rampikino 12 Aug 2018
In reply to Wainers44:

It’s upbto them. They paid, they ran, their choice.

OP Wainers44 12 Aug 2018
In reply to Rampikino:

> It’s upbto them. They paid, they ran, their choice.

Yeh I know, and as i said i was the same. The tech stuff can distract you from the moment I suppose that was my point. Go pro film anyone! ???? 

BusyLizzie 13 Aug 2018
In reply to Wainers44:

Anyway, well done, that sounds like a tough race.

mountainbagger 13 Aug 2018
In reply to Wainers44:

Yes, I sometimes forget about the finish. I try to smile/wave/thumbs up to cameras on the way round though. Just so I can look at the photos later and think I was happy like that for the entire race.

The other thing about race photos is that in 99% of them, my running form looks dreadful... probably because it is, but the photos are an unflattering reminder!

OP Wainers44 13 Aug 2018
In reply to BusyLizzie:

Thanks. It really is a great event. If you want a summer run in the south west, this is the one to do!! 

OP Wainers44 13 Aug 2018
In reply to mountainbagger:

> The other thing about race photos is that in 99% of them, my running form looks dreadful... probably because it is, but the photos are an unflattering reminder!

Phew, I thought it was just me!  

JuneBob 14 Aug 2018
In reply to Wainers44:

On Strava it's very easy to chop the start and end of the GPS recording, so I often start my watch a bit before, and end it well after i have finished the race. I can focus on my start and am free to enjoy the finish. I spend hours devouring all the stats when I get home!

Post edited at 01:11

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...