Baggy Cool Top

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Fredt 25 Jul 2018

I'm looking for a baggy cool top for running in. Can't find anything that ticks my boxes, so help would be appreciated.

Must be:

Long sleeved, for sun protection.

Collar would be nice, (a bit like an old fashioned rugby shirt, but needs a very cool fabric for this weather).

Very cool fabric, but with UV protection.

Baggy, (my shape doesn't do stretchy tight).

All I find online is short sleeved t-shirts, some with fake six packs and shoulders sown in, and skin tight.

All I have at the moment is a baggy merino sweater, but there must be something cooler.

Help!

Tom Briggs 25 Jul 2018
In reply to Fredt:

American brands such as Patagonia and Outdoor Research do lightweight, synthetic 'sun hoodys', so not a high collar but more protection of the neck than a simple long sleeve.

nufkin 25 Jul 2018
In reply to Fredt:

>  All I have at the moment is a baggy merino sweater, but there must be something cooler.

'Nowt' is the obvious answer there. But if you're out for hours and don't trust sunscreen, bear in mind that (in my experience anyway) anything loose will savage your nipples once it gets saturated with sweat. Even tight stuff seems to eventually

wbo 25 Jul 2018
In reply to Fredt:sounds like a football shirt to me. Have you been to decathlon?

OP Fredt 26 Jul 2018
In reply to wbo:

> sounds like a football shirt to me. Have you been to decathlon?

Yup, went last night, bought a great top, "Kalenji", £7.99. 

Went a run this morning, its perfect, although no collar. I'll go back and get half a dozen.

Thanks all for suggestions.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...