Valley Uprising

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Chmusar 01 Dec 2018

I confess I am not a climber  unless you count a day at plas y brenin doing bouldering and absailing  but i had to share a documentary I watched on netflix last night called Valley Uprising 

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3784160/

Its about Yosemitie Valley climbers dating from the 1950's to today , it was riveting and informative an best of all enjoyable and it was interesting to see what equipment was used and not used to climb famous climbs like el capitan, half dome etc 

Check it out if you have not seen it yet

steve taylor 01 Dec 2018
In reply to Chmusar:

I've just watched it on Netflix - excellent. Thanks for the heads-up.

pasbury 01 Dec 2018
In reply to Chmusar:

Is this another thread about dating climbers?

McHeath 02 Dec 2018
In reply to pasbury:

> Is this another thread about dating climbers?

No, it's about dated climbers ...

Great film!

stp 02 Dec 2018
In reply to Chmusar:

Yeah it's an excellent film.

Another film about climbing in Yosemite that's equally good in my opinion is The Dawn Wall. It only came out a few months ago so probably not on Netflix yet but well worth looking out for.

https://uk.demand.film/dawn-wall/

TonyB 03 Dec 2018
In reply to Chmusar:

There is also a nice film on Netflix (with some climbing) in which Conrad Anker visits several US National Parks with his step son and a family friend. They do some amazing ice climbing on the Great Lakes, climb in Arches National Park and on Devil's Tower. It isn't a climbing film, but is worth watching as the scenery is awe inspiring.

ianstevens 03 Dec 2018
In reply to stp:

Not on Netflix but can be purchased as a download as of a couple of weeks ago

Iamgregp 04 Dec 2018
In reply to Chmusar:

Whilst we're on the subject, check out Meru on Netflix...  Mountaineering docco with Anker, Chin & Renan Ozturk.  It's very good. 

Chris_Mellor 23 Dec 2018
In reply to Chmusar:

Valley Uprising is available on iTunes. It is a marvellous film. The Dawn Wall is also available on iTunes and is fantastic. Soon, hopefully, Free Solo will be available as well. The three will make, I think, the most amazing collection of Yosemite Valley climbing movies imaginable.    

Luke_92 24 Dec 2018
In reply to TonyB:

Do you know the name of the film, by chance?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...