Stony Bank Restrictions/Access Advice

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Birks 15 Mar 2024

Hi, looking for advice on if I can or can't climb at Stony Bank in the near future (if it ever stops raining).

Looking on the RAD app, Stony bank is split into High Stony and Low Stony, with seasonal restrictions currently in effect for High Stony, but not for Low Stony. UKC has a page for Stony Bank (which covers High and Low), and has a banner showing a restriction that covers the "whole crag". 

Does this mean I can or can't climb at Low Stony Bank?

Cheers, Luke

Luke90 15 Mar 2024
In reply to Birks:

Those access banners on UKC come from the BMC RAD, so I'd take the RAD as the definitive source unless someone comes along with specific knowledge to the contrary. I guess it's possible that the lack of noted restrictions on Low Stony Bank is an error, and there is a comment from 2020 about birds also nesting at Low Stony. But the banner on UKC isn't a strong indicator because that "whole crag" language is coming from the UKC crag being linked to High Stony on RAD rather than being additional info added by UKC.

spenser 15 Mar 2024
In reply to Luke90:

UKC crags don't map perfectly across to crags on the RAD so occasionally you get an oddity like this, occasionally comments on UKC or in a crag description give additional detail compared to what is on the RAD.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...