Routes for the overweight

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

It's time to dip the toes in, update the rack and attempt some easy trad. Historically, Prow Cracks (VD) has been the route turned to when returning from a hiatus but the prospect of repeating that is a bit groundhog-day when there must be so much out there of similar quality and ease!

And no squeezes!

In reply to Phantom Disliker:

How about Heather Wall (HVD 3b) at Froggatt.

In reply to Christheclimber:

Sounds good 👍🏻 If the route description is right the 'awkward' bit is at the bottom which is reassuring 

Kevster 20 Jun 2019

Think it's called Emmas route at birchen,  that's nice. Won't need to carry lots of gear either. 

Post edited at 17:30
In reply to Kevster:

Emma's temptation? Looks plausible, thanks!

Post edited at 17:38
 stevieb 21 Jun 2019

Trident Arete (VD) and lots of other options at Harborough Rocks

TobyA 21 Jun 2019

If you want grit then something on Kinder or Wimberry then the hike up there becomes part of your new fitness campaign!

Baron Weasel 21 Jun 2019

If you're in the lakes then middle fell buttress on raven crag langdale is a must do! It's also next to an excellent pub

Paul16 21 Jun 2019

You could also consider Back Forest as the routes are short, and there won't be a group top roping the stuff you want to do.

Bulls Crack 24 Jun 2019

Fat Man's Chimney (D) ? Then you can progress onto Lean Man's Eliminate (VS 4c)

Andy Hardy 24 Jun 2019

Any one of John Dunne's routes? 😋

Ta all for all the ideas! If there's any other portly climbers out there wanting to blow off the cobwebs, maybe we could meet up and tick off this list?

Blue Straggler 25 Jun 2019

Green Gut at Froggatt. Weight is irrelevant on it 

Treat yourself to a classic: Grooved Arete

Michael Hood 25 Jun 2019

Some years ago someone I knew suggested that instead of trying to chase higher grades, we should all chase the same grade but manage it with more weight, less fitness etc.

Wee hee, I managed to repeat that HVD and look how lardy I am this year. Going great

Post edited at 11:55
In reply to DubyaJamesDubya:

> Treat yourself to a classic: Grooved Arete

Have actually done this one back when I was lithe. Getting to the base of it would probably be the biggest issue now.

Walk into Idwal or Milestone Buttress a bit easier. One of the classic VDiffs on there?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...