Clean accommodation hampi?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
climbingnoob 08 Dec 2019

Hi guys,

If anyone has been to hampi (bouldering place in India), can you recommend a clean quiet place to stay please? I've had a look at a lot of photos online and have been reading the reviews and they seem a bit offputting!

Main requirement is that the place is clean.

Cheers!

JohnBson 08 Dec 2019
In reply to climbingnoob:

You sure that India is the place you want to go? It's a great place but I struggle to think of anywhere clean that I visited. Unless you're going to stay in Hilton's I'd learn to enjoy life dirty, maybe give it ago not washing on weekends away climbing I've heard you'll go up at least one grade. 

climbingnoob 08 Dec 2019
In reply to JohnBson:

Is se asia cleaner than india? Thinking phuket/krabi. 

Alex Riley 08 Dec 2019

I was in India with a group of teenagers in the summer, one of the first sights we were greeted by driving through Delhi was a lorry full of offal being unloaded by workers stood knee deep moving it by hand. It had quite the smell in the 35deg plus heat.

That said, India is an amazing place and whilst you might have to rough it a bit or put up with some oddities we aren’t used to it’s well worth it for the experiences and memories. With care you can have a great trip (I was there two weeks with the group of 12 and no one was even slightly).

Le Sapeur 08 Dec 2019

I can recommend the Taj Mahal Palace in Mumbai. Nice and clean.

However, as nice as it is, it is as far from being "India" as I can imagine. 

Good luck finding somewhere quiet.

krikoman 09 Dec 2019
In reply to Alex Riley:

> With care you can have a great trip (I was there two weeks with the group of 12 and no one was even slightly).

"Even slightly", What?  What a cliffhanger!!

alex 09 Dec 2019

This is pretty quiet and clean in Hampi.

http://www.mowglihampi.com/

Alex Riley 09 Dec 2019
In reply to alex:

The essential word was ill

climbingnoob 10 Dec 2019
In reply to alex:

looks kinda manky if you look at the photos on google maps lol. Donno how they hell they call that a 2* hotel. Looks like the kind of places they have on that TV show: "Nightmare Tenants, Slum Landlords"!

Oh, and is it easy to meet people out there (thinking spotters for when bouldering)? I'm planning on going solo. :/

Post edited at 21:23
 ALF_BELF 10 Dec 2019

Very difficult to find people. India not many people there , you’ll walk for days and not see a single soul. 

Sl@te Head 10 Dec 2019

> looks kinda manky if you look at the photos on google maps lol. Donno how they hell they call that a 2* hotel. Looks like the kind of places they have on that TV show: "Nightmare Tenants, Slum Landlords"!

Based on your comments above I'm really not sure that Hampi's the place for you. It's a fantastic place to visit if you're looking for something other than clean accommodation! I spent a memorable night sleeping rough on the platform of the railway station,  all part of the adventure and excitement of travelling.....

peppermill 11 Dec 2019

Ah c'mon dude! Roughing it and the associated skills to look after yourself in these places are part of the fun!

mauraman 11 Dec 2019

I have been around quite a lot and slept in all sort of places, from South America to Africa and SE Asia. in my experience Phuket/Krabi is the place where you are more likely to find the cleanliness standard you are looking for at a reasonable (not dirt cheap) price. Very "westernised" too, due to the millions of tourist heading that way every year since the early 70's. That might detract something from the experience of being in Asia.

JohnBson 11 Dec 2019

Unfortunately I can't really comment on either. However India and Pakistan are both great places to visit and I highly recommend them, indeed in both countries I'd say the best way to enjoy them is as dirty as possible. I literally didn't wash for over 6 weeks and went as cheap as possible. It's unforgettable as an experience. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...