Accident at New Mills

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mrphilipoldham 10 Jan 2021

I'm not of the parish anymore, having moved over Summer but there's been a bit of chatter on Facebook about an accident at the Torrs which resulted in an air ambulance evacuation for the casualty. No one seems to know anything more on the matter, but I hope whoever it is makes a full recovery. 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/109924936371502/permalink/679023469461643/

The Pylon King 10 Jan 2021
In reply to mrphilipoldham:

Plenty of BS on that thread!

JMarkW 10 Jan 2021
In reply to The Pylon King:

Blimey I live 50m away and didn't hear the helicopter.

Mindyou I was probably dozing on the sofa after three hours extreme mountain biking in the snow.

J1234 10 Jan 2021
In reply to mrphilipoldham:

Its quite amusing on that thread seeing people try to say that the activity is not dangerous, when a participant has had to be airlifted to hospital. 

Tom Valentine 10 Jan 2021
In reply to J1234:

it sounds like one of the posters ( a climber) had previously had a word with some youths who hadn't got much idea and was thinking her words had fallen on deaf ears. This bit of speculation seems unresolved, though.

huh 12 Jan 2021
In reply to Tom Valentine:

i wasn’t with the party but present at the crag. Alcove crack / Pro failure ( maybe due to the ever loosening blocks on that route?) climber was stable and conscious when the ambulance took them away; 8 meters to the deck. Wishing the best for them and a speedy recovery. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...