Wilton 1 litter

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Robvanhecke 03 Jan 2020

​​​​​​So been off the radar for a few years, but thought I’d drag the rope & rack out for 2020 get back into it! So to get out the house this morning we took a walk to Wilton to reminisce at our old stomping ground and was shocked and saddened at the state of the prow it was a shit tip! Graffiti and litter strewn everywhere, have tidied up as much as we could and stacked in a pile however still needs removing and more to do, I’m happy to help out but probably needs a small team up there, if I can work how I’ll post pics 

robin mueller 03 Jan 2020
In reply to Robvanhecke:

Well done for clearing up! Sadly, this happens every so often.

Might also be worth posting on the facebook group Lancashire Rock Revival - there are a few regular Wilton tidy-uppers on there too.

Rigid Raider 03 Jan 2020
In reply to Robvanhecke:

The same can be seen at any mountain bike trail centre - PET drinks bottles scattered by the trail for the first mile or so out from the centre cafe.  And I thought outdoorsy types were so green and right-on. 

OP Robvanhecke 03 Jan 2020
In reply to robin mueller:

Cheers will post over on facebook 👍 like you say it’s always had it’s issues up there but I just assumed these now it’s owned it might of been better but sadly not 😔

J Whittaker 04 Jan 2020
In reply to Robvanhecke:

Climbed at Wilton 1 a few years back and there was a bunch of teenage scallys kicking around so it's no surprise if da yoofs are using it as a hangout.

Shame though.

lancsmike 20 Jan 2020
In reply to Robvanhecke:

Hi  having spent a fair bit of time the last few years with endless tidying (Pex , Wilton, Lester mill) it is certainly a problem these days. I was at Pex Hill quarry at the weekend  and a bag of dog dirt was thrown over the fence near  boulder wall (Pisa) and as we put the mat down to change we had to hastily move away from area as  three lots of  'open'  dirt were right next to us. I put twigs to warn people away from it and as we looked around all the winter dampness many plastics could be seen.  Many is the time lately  I don't feel as if I have the heart to keep reaching/bringing black bags to tidy, but maybe we should keep reflecting and if we all join in we may keep things tidy   I hope.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...