Val Di Mello guidebook help

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Oscar Dodd 05 Jul 2023

Hey all, I’m currently in Italy and off to val Di Mello in about a week  We’re having a lot of trouble sourcing a guidebook here as the old one seems to be out of print end the new one hasn’t been released yet.

If anyone knows of any online PDFs, or some sort of rockfax for Italy and could point me in that direction I’d be really grateful.

Alternatively, if anyone had a guidebook at home and wouldn’t mind sending a few photos of the section for the north ridge of piz badile, monteleni route and Luna nascente, I would be incredibly grateful, but I appreciate this is a pain!

thanks all!

Andy Moles 05 Jul 2023
In reply to Oscar Dodd:

Try camptocamp.org or gulliver.it for topos and descriptions (you'll have to do some translating).

OP Oscar Dodd 05 Jul 2023
In reply to Andy Moles:

I’ll have a look! Thanks so much for the info! 

RyanOsborne 05 Jul 2023
In reply to Oscar Dodd:

I think the Piz Badile and Molteni route would be in Solo Granito, not the Mello book. Try calling Fiorelli Sport or Sporthub in Lecco, if that's on your way. Luna Nascente is in the Mello book.

Post edited at 10:24
 Strife 05 Jul 2023
In reply to Oscar Dodd:

They sell detailed guidebooks for the whole area at the bookshop in San Martino. They are mostly in Italian and/or German, but you can use Google Translate with your phone camera to interpret it

Patrick Surguy 05 Jul 2023
In reply to Oscar Dodd:

I’ve got one of the books, will have a look which one and send some photos this eve

OP Oscar Dodd 08 Jul 2023
In reply to RyanOsborne:

Awesome - I think we might be able to get our hands on a copy of solo granito. Cheers for advice!

OP Oscar Dodd 08 Jul 2023
In reply to Strife:

This is mega useful to know! We’ve got a few days of crap weather at the start so should be able to get something sorted in San Martino!

In reply to Oscar Dodd:

I just had a look at my german copy of solo granito. I don't think any of the routes you wanted are in it unfortunately - it doesn't seem to cover the lower stuff in val di mello and it doesn't have the nordkante either.

edit: scratch that, it has got the molteni route. I'll send you a message.

Post edited at 17:55
OP Oscar Dodd 12 Jul 2023
In reply to Oscar Dodd:

Putting this here for anyone reading this thread in the future. In San Martino, there is a place called Bar Monica, and they have loads of guidebooks you can take photos of. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...