Travel Insurance for 75+

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Hazzo 11 Jul 2023

I am struggling to find travel insurance for my trip to the Italian Dolomites for sport climbing as I am now the ripe old age of 76. No medical issues but keep being told nothing for over 75yrs! Any suggestions?? I keep getting directed to different brokers but get the same answer. BMC have not been able to help!

Jenny C 11 Jul 2023
In reply to Hazzo:

AAC will cover search and rescue etc and has no age limit or penalties for preexisting conditions. Personally I usually combine that with a 'standard' holiday policy to cover non activity related travel claims.

OP Hazzo 11 Jul 2023
In reply to Jenny C:

Thanks for that Jenny C

Grumps 11 Jul 2023
In reply to Hazzo:

Both Staysure Travel Insurance and MPI Brokers are worth a try.  Age won't be a problem

Timy2 13 Jul 2023
In reply to Hazzo:

Have you tried Italian alpine club?

ianstevens 14 Jul 2023
In reply to Jenny C:

> AAC will cover search and rescue etc and has no age limit or penalties for preexisting conditions. Personally I usually combine that with a 'standard' holiday policy to cover non activity related travel claims.

"Search and rescue etc" is just that, SAR. It won't stop you getting and needing to pay for a hospital bill, or medical repatriation - and your regular holiday insurance won't pay out for an injury sustained doing an activity they don't cover.

Jenny C 14 Jul 2023
In reply to ianstevens:

https://www.alpenverein.at/portal/service/mitgliedschaft/mitgliedervorteile...

It does cover medical expenses and repatriation too. 

Post edited at 14:07
 iani 17 Jul 2023
In reply to Jenny C:

The AAC insurance limits are: Rescue Eu25k,  Hospital treatment Eu10k.  That won't buy you much in hospital ..

Slarti B 18 Jul 2023
In reply to Hazzo:

Could you combine  AAC for rescue  with an EHCR card ( or whatever they are now called) for hospital expenses in excess of the £10k covered by AAC?  It is what I do though have never had to test it. 

Or would an Italian or French hospital refuse medical cover because the injuries happened climbing? 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...