The Mountain Heritage Trust

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 20 Aug 2019

About ten days ago I decided to finally bite the bullet and get rid of the estimated 25,000 slides that have been sat in the back bedroom/study - I have barely looked at them for 10+ years.

Anyway, I made the mistake of putting a photo of them by the front door on the way to the tip. To my surprise there was a chorus of people warning me not to dump them - with a couple of suggestions to contact the Mountain Heritage Trust https://www.mountain-heritage.org/

A prompt reply indicated they said they would be happy to take them into their archive - I hadn't really thought that the 20+ guidebooks and many dozens of articles I have written were 'climbing history - but I guess I was wrong.

I delivered them to the Trust in Threlkeld yesterday - and it felt a good thing to do. I had a tour of some of the stuff they already hold, an impressive array from our sports history - they were working on a series of architects plans from DR Climbing Walls whilst I was there.

I thought the Trust deserved a public thank you,

Chris

OP Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 21 Aug 2019
In reply to Chris Craggs:

The lady who runs the trust, pretty much single handed, said the things they are offered the most often are old magazines but they are interested in anything of historical significance, including old gear, books, clothing etc.

Chris

Mark Collins 21 Aug 2019
In reply to Chris Craggs:

Thanks that's good to know, better than throwing it away. I head up that way for a stroll roughly every 6 months, so will get in touch with them as and when.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...