Thanks to Shelterstone couple

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Wicamoi 03 Sep 2023

I never met you but... this is an expression of gratitude to a couple who spoke to my climbing partner at the Shelterstone on Saturday evening and, on learning that I was hobbling back to the ski car park with a sprained ankle, volunteered a walking pole in case it would assist me. Well it really did assist me. Firstly it gave me an endorphiney feeling of warmth for the all goodness in humans which helped bear me up onto the plateau, and secondly it made a really big difference to how much pain I suffered on the way down the Goat Track, and to how quickly its descent could be achieved. We made it back to the car park in the last glimmer of dusk. For all this: thank you.

We left your walking pole under your vehicle as discussed with my climbing partner. If for whatever reason you did not recover it, I would be honoured if you would allow me to buy its replacement for you.

Jon Read 03 Sep 2023
In reply to Wicamoi:

Nice.

bouldery bits 03 Sep 2023
In reply to Wicamoi:

A lovely tale. 

Best of luck with the recovery.

OP Wicamoi 04 Sep 2023
In reply to bouldery bits:

Thanks bouldery bits - it's just a sprain and I expect to be climbing again by the weekend.

(and thanks for the excuse to give this a Monday morning bump).

OP Wicamoi 04 Sep 2023
In reply to Wicamoi:

The many generous people who have read and liked this post will be pleased to learn that the pole has been recovered by its generous - and evidently also modest - owners. Thanks again.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...