Shorn cliff conditions?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 laughitup 03 Dec 2021

Give the mildly prohibitive walk in compared to the other crags in the wye I was wondering if the hive mind could tell me what shorn cliff is like this time of year? Does it seep? How long is a safe bet to wait after rain? Tia  Shorn Cliff

Kemics 04 Dec 2021
In reply to laughitup:

I can't say I've ever actually gone there in mid winter...but not certain it wouldn't be possible?

However, if you want a winter crag  Wynd Cliff is THE crag in the wye valley. It gets every second of sunshine going, it's sheltered from the wind and doesn't seep. The only thing it lacks of shorn cliff is sheer quantity but I think the individual routes are better. Climbed here reliably on coldest wintery days. 

alan moore 04 Dec 2021
In reply to laughitup:

Shorncliff usually dry after a day without rain, although it can be humid and sunless in winter.worth a shot on a crisp day in December.

Wintours is very fast to dry and a bit fresher.

Agree about Wyndcliff but everything there is two grades harder than Shorncliff. Don't know about Windcliff Quarry.

Wil Treasure 04 Dec 2021
In reply to laughitup:

Shorn Cliff is fine year round, none of the sectors suffer from any serious seepage. It doesn't catch as much sun as Wyndcliff, but I've climbed there in December and January in the past.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...