Shepards crah route name

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ledburyjosh 26 Jun 2023

The route to the right of Conclusion, named in the borrowdale guide as Jenny Wren E3 6A. Appears not to be listed on UKC.

There is a route called Evolution E2 5C. Is this the same route or another different one?

petegunn 26 Jun 2023
In reply to ledburyjosh:

I think Jenny Wren is a more direct line up the wall whereas Evolution uses the arete on the right. You can add it to the database if it's not there.

Post edited at 22:41
 Rick Graham 26 Jun 2023
In reply to ledburyjosh:

2 routes in the 2000 guide, when they were definitive. 

Evolution did not make it into the latest guide, 2016.

OP ledburyjosh 26 Jun 2023

OK thanks.

The description in the new guide just states Jenny Wren, saying with or without the arete for the same grade.

Would be much harder without the arete mind.

I felt E3 5C using the arete.

mike123 27 Jun 2023
In reply to ledburyjosh: not meant to be adversarial in any way but what’s the current thinking on what makes an independent route ? I struggle to see that there is one route right of conclusion let alone two , is call them eliminates on conclusion . Can’t see how you could climb just right of the corner and not bridge into it ? Your call though .

OP ledburyjosh 27 Jun 2023
In reply to mike123:

I would say there is two defined routes having climbed conclusion and whatever I done last night.

Climbing the right side of the face using the  right arete for laybacks is well away from conclusion when your on it, bridging to conclusion corner wasnt an option. You only share holds at the very start (having moved R before the conclusion crux) and at the top entering the big easy groove.

A middle route would for sure be very eliminate.

The right line is definitely worth checking out though, go have a go!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...