/ Rachub slate routes

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
James Beaumont 12:17 Thu

Hi, I was out on my one walk of the day yesterday round Moel Faban, and noticed that in the slate cuttings above rachub there is a couple of old routes, one with a number of aging bolts and a crack to the left sporting a rusty knifeblade. Further along in the bigger 'quarry' there seems to be another sport route with new looking bolts.

I was wondering if anyone knows anything about the routes and who put them up? Obviously not intending to climb them in the near future, but I'm intrigued given they are a 10min walk from my house and have never noticed them before and can't find anything online or in the guides.

Cheers! 

Sl@te Head 12:25 Thu
In reply to James Beaumont:

The more recent ones were put up by Fraser, Archie and Josie Ball, I can't remember the grades or names. It's a shame they didn't make any of the slate guidebooks, there's potential for more routes there but maybe they will also fade into obscurity...

Matt Podd 12:27 Thu

The routes in the cutting were done in the 90's by locals. I was involved in the first ascent of the crack with the peg - went at about E3, but really poor gear. Don't think there is any documentation on them. Bridging up the Quarry with the narrow entrance is fun.

James Beaumont 19:57 Thu

Cheers for the knowledge guys, they don't look awful, shame there's nout in the guides! 

Luke Brooks 16:27 Fri

Never been inspired to get on the ones in the cutting, bit dirty and chossy, but the one in the 'quarry' is good and about 6b if I remember correctly. 

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.