Porec / rovinj / istra bouldering

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Liamhutch89 28 Sep 2019

I'm on holiday with the family but could sneak away on a couple of days.

Just got shoes and chalk, im aware there's a DWS spot but do not know of any bouldering?

I've seen that there may be an indoor wall in rovinj which i cant find any details of but would be nice for keeping the power up while I'm away.

Any info appreciated 

Martin Hore 28 Sep 2019
In reply to Liamhutch89:

I can't answer I'm afraid but I thought I might indulge readers in a very unsophisticated little rhyme I penned about 25 years ago. My wife and I spent a week in Istria (definitely her choice) followed by a week in the Julian Alps (definitely my choice). So:

"I wish it were cooler in Pula,

"I don't want to singe in Rovinj,

"So take me instead to the lake they call Bled, 

"And there let me have my revenge."

By the way, if you're heading that way the show caves at Postojna are very special - for the whole family I would suggest. Quite the most spectacular I've ever seen.

Martin

nwclimber 28 Sep 2019
In reply to Liamhutch89:

If you walk or cycle south from Rovinj centre, along the road/path that follows the seashore, you'll eventually come across a bolted limestone quarry on your left. No bouldering I'm aware of but there's the possibility of some traversing. I've seen people climbing right on the shoreline at this point but don't know what it's like.

Rovinj#overview

tjekel 29 Sep 2019
In reply to Liamhutch89:

I suggest skocjanske jame, just as nice as postojna, shorter drive and vety special. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...