Phantom crag

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Hello all, I've recently had a vague memory of mucking about on a small roadside crag. I can't for the life of me place it and it's doing my head in, like a snatch of melody you can't place. It hasn't got any significance and I've no record of it. I wonder if I was dreaming/senile.

Anyway it would be short, probably limestone and mostly on big bucket holds. You could go just about anyway at v diff or easier. A few tors scattered about above sheep cropped grass with a small road close by.

Am I bonkers or does it actually exist? 

Offwidth 06 Jul 2020
In reply to JJ Krammerhead III:

Harborough? 

Jp 06 Jul 2020
In reply to Offwidth:

You can't forget the factory!

In reply to Offwidth:

I knew someone would come up with the answer. Thank very much

Lankyman 06 Jul 2020
In reply to JJ Krammerhead III:

> Anyway it would be short, probably limestone and mostly on big bucket holds. You could go just about anyway at v diff or easier. A few tors scattered about above sheep cropped grass with a small road close.

I can't think of too many 'tors' on limestone except for somewhere like Warrendale Knotts above Attermire Scar. They aren't particularly close to a road. Mostly, Yorkshire limestone tends to present as long, horizontal scars with flat benches above.

In reply to Lankyman:

Indeed but that's hazy memory for you, filtered through 30+years of other stuff more memorable and a fair amount of booze. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...