Hillwalking inspiration, supported by you

Hillwalking inspiration, supported by you

Please help UKHillwalking continue to provide varied and free content by becoming an official UKH Supporter. You can show your support and with recieve rewards.

Please help UKHillwalking continue to provide varied and free content by becoming an official UKH Supporter. You can show your support and with recieve rewards.

Loading Notifications...

perma dry bouldering venues scotland

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.

All i can think of is maybe dumbarton rock - anyone else aware of any permadry bouldering spots (that aren't insanely hard)?

fuzzysheep01 22 May 2020
In reply to sharpendclimbing:

Wolfcrag Quarry is often a good bet - lots of the main wall stays dry in the rain and a decent concentration of eliminates and a good traverse on that section.

mal_meech 22 May 2020

Agassiz Rock

Wolfcrag Quarry

Dumbarton's everdry wall with Shattered Traverse Low (f7B)

and occasionally the problems at portlethen... Portlethen (Craigmaroinn)

and beyond that a few problems here and there at most venues, and some on Skye you can climb in the rain ;). Very few that won't seep eventually though...

aln 22 May 2020

How far are you willing to travel? https://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/crags/forss-9766

Thanks folks! Something to get started.

newtonmore 18:23 Sat

Cummingston in the cave usually stays dry 

> All i can think of is maybe dumbarton rock - anyone else aware of any permadry bouldering spots (that aren't insanely hard)?

TCA

Come on, 'permadry' and 'Scotland'?

Heike 22:02 Sat
In reply to fuzzysheep01:

But is has been busy every time I've been past recently. And clearly not all from the same household.

Doesn't really fit with social distancing. Hence I haven't been climbing there for months despite it being my regular venue...

In reply to tom_in_edinburgh:

You'd be surprised. I mean, maybe not perma-dry, but I've been climbing at Weem in some pretty heavy downpours and it stays dry. I'm sure there are other places out there.

Amroly-Poly 22:23 Sat
In reply to fuzzysheep01

went the other day theres a new topo for it actually really good

In reply to Amroly-Poly: are you still referring to wolfcrag quarry?

Where might this new topo be found?

Cheers

Dave

Cheers

Eric9Points 10:41 Sun
In reply to newtonmore:

> Cummingston in the cave usually stays dry 

I was going to say Cummingston too. Nice place and plenty to go at.

Wolfcrag ain't great and with some wind like today I doubt it would stay dry.

Bits of Kyloe in the woods will stay dry, the harder bits and there's the big roof at Back Bowden. 

DaveHK 11:14 Sun

Cummingston stays dry in the rain but can suffer really badly from condensation even on a dry day.

Pids 11:27 Sun

Mauchline gorge - some decent bits to play on, the bouldering wall stays mainly dry - and, once were allowed, there the trad areas, if your feeling bold

Amroly-Poly 12:28 Sun
In reply to drconline:

https://gumroad.com/l/VsnNU its linked in the ukc description 

TeddyC 20:07 Wed

Primrose bay and cullen caves both stay out the rain although aren't permadry as they get hit by condensation.

The tomb at the Findhorn gorge is perma dry but can seep after prolonged periods of heavy rain.

Findhorn Gorge

Post edited at 20:07

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.