Most dogged UK climber?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 overdrawnboy 08 Aug 2019

What's the longest time you've spent on a climb before succeeding? Personally about 5 sessions on 50 for 5 at Kilnsey many years back.

Ciro 08 Aug 2019
In reply to overdrawnboy:

Longest siege so far would be Makash Walou at Ceuse - that took me 7 weeks, so probably in the region of 28 sessions. 

Have a couple of projects in Catalonia that have gone beyond that though... I'll get them one day! 😁

profitofdoom 08 Aug 2019

> What's the longest time you've spent on a cl.imb before succeeding?

2 hours on a freezing winter day leading the crux pitch, the one after the Shield, of Coronation Street (WW) (E1 5b) at Cheddar. My second - on the tiny stance - near froze to death

Pekkie 08 Aug 2019
In reply to overdrawnboy: Most dogged UK climber? Bit of a misogynist question, that.

Removed User 08 Aug 2019

I thought this thread was going to be about minority sexual fetishes.

wilkie14c 08 Aug 2019

The most dogging UKCer is deffo birdie num num, I’ve seen him out 2 or 3 times when i’ve been doing the car parks

spenser 09 Aug 2019

Surely Simon Lee needs to be up for longest term frequent flyer status from Austrian Oak, he's been trying it for years hasn't he?

Personally I rarely do anything which I can't onsight, however I am onto about 9 attempts on Telescope Tunnel (M) as I don't fit!

RBonney 09 Aug 2019

I think 19 tie ins for a route I didn't do, 4 sessions for one I did do. With the latter it went the attempt after I found a better sequence.

Offwidth 10 Aug 2019
In reply to spenser:

Nonsense about Telescope Tunnel... I get through easily ...the wide in chest just have to dive into the fray as high as possible. It's a heinous sandbag at Mod though... three Rockfax guidebooks in on Eastern Grit, all those logbook comments and votes, and its still wrong. 

Gone for good 10 Aug 2019
In reply to Offwidth:

Is that the one at Birchen Edge? I tried that and after much excessive wriggling, untying the rope, removing my harness, ditching the bandolier I had stupidly draped around my chest and being moaned at by the wife and kids for about 45 minutes, who wanted to actually climb something, I gave up and slithered back to the ground.

DerwentDiluted 10 Aug 2019
In reply to Offwidth:

> Nonsense about Telescope Tunnel... I get through easily ...the wide in chest just have to dive into the fray as high as possible. 

And the very wide in the chest have to accept that while rich men may enter heaven, and camels may pass through the eye of a needle, they ain't never getting their tubby ass through Telescope Tunnel.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...