Lundy climbing guide

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 NathanP 10 Aug 2023

I've been trying to find a copy of the CC Lundy climbing guide without success and, with a visit booked for next month, time is getting short. Can anybody suggest either a source that has the book in stock or a good alternative guide for a first visit?

Dave Cundy 10 Aug 2023
In reply to NathanP:

If you're struggling, you could have my '94 guide.

jkbdrn 10 Aug 2023
In reply to NathanP:

I bought it in the shop of the Depot Climbing Centre last week. Have also seen it in outside in Hathersage if you are close. 

In reply to NathanP:

A lot of the best routes on the island are in the CC Selected title SW Climbs Vol 2 which is widely available. Unfortunately the current Lundy guide went out of stock in June. We are working on a new edition but it definitely won’t be ready this year, bird bans mean it takes a lot longer than normal to create a new edition with all new crag topos and action shots. If you trawl the shops at climbing walls you will probably pick up a copy, I looked a couple of weeks ago and one of the walls in Leeds had one (the Depot?) 

It is also worth looking on second hand book sales sites such as Jarvis books or abebooks. If you still draw a blank PM me.

jon59 10 Aug 2023
In reply to NathanP:

Nathan, They have them available within the online shop

https://upandunder.co.uk/climbers-club-lundy

https://www.v12outdoor.com/checkout/cart/

or you can email the shop on Lundy they tend to have the odd copy.

Gary Gibson 11 Aug 2023
In reply to NathanP:

Try Cordee and I have copies of all the guides I wrote to the island as well as the originals by Bob Moulton

Gary Gibson 11 Aug 2023
In reply to Trevor Langhorne:

Interestingly I used to treat as a patient tge gentleman who drove the first DUK onto tge island with tge first climbing party including admiral Lauder 

Kevster 11 Aug 2023
In reply to Trevor Langhorne:

Yes the most stared offerings are in the select guide. But the approaches are not very thorough. 

Half the challenge with Lundy is finding the abseil/top of the crag. 

I'd suggest the proper guide would be a definite advantage. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...