Guide book advice

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Handi-andis 19 Mar 2020

Hi all

I am trying to find a guide book for Moray, Aberdeenshire and the Cromarty Firth area but seem to be drawing a blank. I admit I’m only just coming back to climbing because my daughter wants to climb, but surely guide books are still called guidebooks are they not? Anyway, can someone post me in the right direction please as I can see from the map on here there are some good local routes.

thanks

Andy

althesin 19 Mar 2020
In reply to Handi-andis:

If you have a look at the tabs available for a crag ( top right drop down menu), you'll find a "guidebooks" field. If there is a guidebook to a crag it will be listed.

Here's one that might do:

North East Outcrops

Author Neil Morrison
Published SMC (2003)
ISBN 0907521746

Website www.smc.org.uk/

Handi-andis 19 Mar 2020
In reply to althesin:

Excellent thanks, I was looking through the climbs list but failed to see the guide ok but, that’s fab thanks 

BrendanO 19 Mar 2020
In reply to Handi-andis:

...and there's also 7a Max, and an SMC Sport equivalent, covering all of Scotland's sport climbing. The former is pretty cheap and has been the motivation fo a few visits to new places, often in your neck of the woods.

Mark Stevenson 19 Mar 2020
In reply to Handi-andis:

FWIW, I've got a copy of North East Outcrops guidebook for sale for £11 including postage.

If you are interested, drop me a message, although it's currently advertised on Facebook Outdoor Gear Exchange so I can guarantee how long I'll still have it for.... 

Handi-andis 19 Mar 2020
In reply to Mark Stevenson:

Thanks Mark but someone beat you to it. I’ve also picked up a copy of Highland Outcrops as I think that covers some stuff to the south of me over towards aviemore way. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...